Problems with Shippo

Ive been battling with Shippo to print labels all evening. Already had to send an email with a list of questions. I managed to sign on and print off one label. Had another sale on my other ID and went to print but it won't let me sign in it says my user name and password are invalid. It's bad enough that you spend 3 Times as long to fill in the forms but but it won't let me print anything now. Won't let me sign in with a new log in either. The other problems I wrote to them about are the date of the label is today's and I am not shipping until tomorrow. Also no place to input my HS tariff code, okay I might have missed where to add it. I ended up just writing it on the label.

Also, how do you change the item descrIption to a more generic one? (Forgot to ask them that) oh well, I need to print this for early morning so I guess I'll use CP SnapShip. 

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Problems with Shippo

@vintagenorth wrote:

Ive been battling with Shippo to print labels all evening. Already had to send an email with a list of questions. I managed to sign on and print off one label. Had another sale on my other ID and went to print but it won't let me sign in it says my user name and password are invalid. It's bad enough that you spend 3 Times as long to fill in the forms but but it won't let me print anything now. Won't let me sign in with a new log in either. The other problems I wrote to them about are the date of the label is today's and I am not shipping until tomorrow. Also no place to input my HS tariff code, okay I might have missed where to add it. I ended up just writing it on the label.

Also, how do you change the item descrIption to a more generic one? (Forgot to ask them that) oh well, I need to print this for early morning so I guess I'll use CP SnapShip. 

I ended up doing the same thing.  After I set up my account with Shippo, I realized I had too many questions so I used Snap Ship.  I never though eBay would become a full-time job but it seems that way lately.
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

@vintagenorth wrote:

.... The other problems I wrote to them about are the date of the label is today's and I am not shipping until tomorrow. Also no place to input my HS tariff code, okay I might have missed where to add it. I ended up just writing it on the label.

I just clicked on, then modified the description (Shippo used the eBay title for the description) for each line of the customs section.

HS code was a bit confusing (I left mine blank on my first small packet international), but on thinking back I believe Shippo refers to it as a Tariff rate section.

-..-

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

I just tried again, to log into Shippo and I still get told that my username and password are invalid! I just signed up last night and it worked once. Now I can't do any shipping through them. This should never have been allowed to be our shipping portal until it was properly beta tested. Between the shipping problems and the mobile friendly changes and active content i am starting to feel overwhelmed.

we need a Shippo rep to come to the boards for a few days to answe questions!

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

Logging into goShippo.com or Shippo ?

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

I logged in both times from my eBay, print shipping label. But, from 2 different ID's.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

Sounds like sticking to Snap Ship is the way to go right now... Hopefully Shippo would be easier to use by August.
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

What a pain in the neck. I just keep going through infinite Loop as it keeps asking me to update my credit card info even though it's staring me in the face cuz Ive done it 3 times already. Sigh thanks again ebay.
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

They need to add an ounce category to weight part
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

And it does cost more but eBay always seems to lie. Noticed the price to list an auction for three days or less went up without notice as well
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

They need to add an ounce category to weight part

No.
Canada Post went metric in 1974.
Any other systems will be approximate and will lose you money. Rates change on the gram and centimeter.

You need a digital scale that measures in metric.
Canadian Tire sells a Starfrit kitchen scale that measures up to 5 kg, and cost about $20.

Noticed the price to list an auction for three days or less went up without notice as well
About a year ago.
And yes, the change to the rate for three day (and one day) auctions was publicized.
EBay seems to have found that these were beloved of scammers, since they came and went so fast they were hard to spot and pull down.
That's not meant as a slam, btw. Just reality check.
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

@creativity-wholesale wrote:
And it does cost more but eBay always seems to lie. Noticed the price to list an auction for three days or less went up without notice as well

The extra cost for 1 and 3 day listings was announced in the 2015 Spring Update.

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2015/fees-and-features.html

Shippi shouldn't cost more.  Did you sign in through eBay?  Which service cost more?

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

For anyone with problems at the post office and their Shippo label, there is an Announcement about it:

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/06/30/8023/

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 8.56.48 PM.png

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

@vintagenorth wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

I logged in both times from my eBay, print shipping label. But, from 2 different ID's.

Did you connect your 2 IDs to the same Shippo account? Is it possible to even do that?

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

@lady.stark wrote:

@vintagenorth wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Did you connect your 2 IDs to the same Shippo account? Is it possible to even do that?

I have no idea what I did now. It was over a week ago and since then I've been away and when I got back I lost all my items on TL. Just finished getting them back up, can't even remember anything now about Shippo. I don't think i will use Shippo for a while anyway, at least not until they fix all the glitches. Using my discount stamps!

Message 15 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

1/1000 shipments you say?  well I just had 2/2 refused at the counter. This is ridiculous.

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

I don't think i will use Shippo for a while anyway, at least not until they fix all the glitches. Using my discount stamps!

I agree with you vintagenorth. I haven't signed up for Shippo, as a senior I have a hard time with change, especially when I hear of all the problems. I will wait until it is running smoothly. Until then, I am just going straight to Paypal for packages.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

Apparently, the postal clerks need to be told to process it under supplier account so that they don't get an error or not paid message. They can also phone CP help desk to ask how to process it.

The situation really is a mess so I'm not justifying...just suggesting on we can work with for now.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

Yes, except that even the people manning the CPC Help Desk don't know Shippo or how to process Shippo orders so they cannot adequately advise the clerks calling in; this has been stated by two separate postal sources now with first-hand knowledge of it. It seems short-sighted of the powers-that-be to dump this on sellers before the bugs had been worked out. Like, the platform should have been test-running with a small, select number of users for eight to 12 weeks before any of the rest of us were invited. Instead, we're the beta-testers.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

Problems with Shippo

Even if we could somehow overlook this problem with trying to even MAIL the packages whose labels have been created on Shippo account, there's still numerous other issues like metric settings being difficult to get to stick and the fact TRACKING is not linked to ebay, or even that the order is marked as shipped. That is ridiculous. It's an ebay-related program that pulls buyer information from ebay Sales Records and it cannot be smart enough to communicate back that the order has been shipped?! 

Message 20 of 27
latest reply