SHIPPO PROBLEM AND OVERALL INCOMPETENCE

Has any one else notice that Shippo overcharges? The label said one amount but I was charged two amounts. When I contacted someone in Shippo and I asked about  the second charge on my cc I was told by Shippo that "I wasnt using  shippo to ship  because I wasnt charged a label fee and that i was using CPC" yet  my CPC is an active carrier  on ebay and i am printing from the Shippo site which also shows Shippo invoiced me   the cost of a label fee. 

Has anyone else noticed this confusion?

Paypal is so much better - but still not glitch free - my guess is that  canada 's ebay sales dont amount too much for ebay to worry about site problems

so SAD:(

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I've been using Shippo since Day One and never experienced this problem. Contact their tech support. 

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@cek12345678 wrote:

Has any one else notice that Shippo overcharges? The label said one amount but I was charged two amounts. When I contacted someone in Shippo and I asked about  the second charge on my cc I was told by Shippo that "I wasnt using  shippo to ship  because I wasnt charged a label fee and that i was using CPC" yet  my CPC is an active carrier  on ebay and i am printing from the Shippo site which also shows Shippo invoiced me  the cost of a label fee. 

You can have TWO choices set up when buying via Shippo for Canada Post -- the eBay rate for Canada Post (only good for eBay sales) AND the Canada Post direct rate (good for any sale).

The eBay rate includes the label fee. Direct from Canada Post does not cover the label fee.

Sounds like you picked the direct rate OR you do not have the eBay.CA rates correctly setup and available.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

thanks for the info. i found this out eventually.  such a minutiae to charge 6 cent label fee. 

in canada we are already penalized  by exorbitant shipping costs, gst on ebay fees and now shippo charges a label fee for non ebay labels. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@cek12345678wrote:

thanks for the info. i found this out eventually.  such a minutiae to charge 6 cent label fee.

Shippo makes it's primary money charging for labels. 

Handling ebay.CA shipping is a recent Shippo addition and eBay only subsidizes shipping of purchases made on eBay. The only way to avoid that 6 cents for non-ebay sales is to buy direct.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

thanks - i have another question in which I find shippo's response  unacceptable:

I asked about a shipping calculator BEFORE A SALE . when a buyer asks asbotu shipping cost. the create order does not give shippo ebay rates except for ebay orders- so So do I create a fake order using an existing order  information and changing it — seems pretty sketchy to me.

Sometimes I get a request for shipping costs before someone buys - especially from Europe. I use the Canada post web site but this info isn’t accurate as ebay shippo ship rates are lower. The buyer might think my rates are egregious and then decide against the purchase. Why doesn’t shippo  offer shipping calculator like Paypal’s create a shipment or FEDEX ’s create a shipment. 😞
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I use the Canada post web site but this info isn’t accurate as ebay shippo ship rates are lower.

Why would you tell a customer your shipping cost when what he is asking for in his shipping cost?

KISS.

If you get that question, go to https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

and punch in the appropriate information.

And THAT is what you give the customer.

If you get a discount, it covers self-insurance, packaging and your labour (at 18 cents a minute based on current BC minimum wage).

You don't tell the customer how much you paid for the doohickey you sold him, or how much you are paying in fees.

Same difference.

It's none of his **bleep** business.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@cek12345678wrote:
.... Sometimes I get a request for shipping costs before someone buys - especially from Europe. I use the Canada post web site but this info isn’t accurate as ebay shippo ship rates are lower.

It should be accurate since eBay/Shippo currently has no extra discounts for Canada Post shipments going outside USA/Canada. The only services with extra discounts are Expedited Parcel (Canada), Tracked Packet USA and Expedited Parcel USA.  Everything else is the same discount as your Solutions for Small Business account.

When you use the Canada Post calculator, click on "Show minimum online savings" on the 2nd page to see level 1 discounts (if you are SfSB is level 2, 3 or 4 you will need to sign into your account to see your discounted rates).

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

In what circumstances would a buyer be asking about shipping before a sale. Why isn't that already set up in the listing? You do lose customers if you don't have a cost set up as many of them couldn't be bothered to ask and then wait for an answer.

As far as worrying about charging buyers the exact cost...I doubt that most here worry about that.   I don't think that the the prices are on the Shippo labels...at least I haven't noticed them.   I normally do add a small handling cost when I figure out postage, I don't recall ordering from any merchant and being charged the exact shipping cost.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@ypdc_denniswrote:

It should be accurate since eBay/Shippo currently has no extra discounts for Canada Post shipments going outside USA/Canada. The only services with extra discounts are Expedited Parcel (Canada), Tracked Packet USA and Expedited Parcel USA.  Everything else is the same discount as your Solutions for Small Business account.

I am sure that last time I checked Shippo did have a discount on tracked packet international but I just checked now for Sweden and the small business rate was the same as the Shippo rate.  When they did they change that?

It wasn't that long ago that someone was complaining  on the boards that the ebay calculator gave a much higher rate than Shippo charged for TP int'l.

I remember checking at that time and there was quite a big difference.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@pjcdn2005wrote:

@ypdc_denniswrote:

I am sure that last time I checked Shippo did have a discount on tracked packet international but I just checked now for Sweden and the small business rate was the same as the Shippo rate.  When they did they change that?

It wasn't that long ago that someone was complaining  on the boards that the ebay calculator gave a much higher rate than Shippo charged for TP int'l.

I remember checking at that time and there was quite a big difference.

eBay's calculated shipping uses the over-the-counter rate.

Tracked Packet International got a bigger discount from Canada Post (even for SfSB level 1) compared to the over-the-counter-rate early in 2017.  Although much of it was due to a big counter rate increase.

CP's Snap Ship also had the introductory discount of an extra 15% off  before August/2017 that also applied to Tracked Packet International.

-..-

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

hi there

I don't often ship outside of the USA but I do get the occasional request and since I don't know the exact of shipping a small parcel to Athens or Azerbaijan I need to get an accurate rate. I have enow learned that shippo doesn't offer discounted rates to countries outside of USA or Canada so I will l continue using the CPC web site:)

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

thanks - you have cleared things up - I will use the CPC website .

really appreciate your response

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

"...shippo doesn't offer discounted rates to countries outside of USA or Canada so I will l continue using the CPC web site...."

Shippo does offer discounts on tracked packet international as well. But Canada Post Tracked Packet International only covers 31 countries of the world.   

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@momcqueenwrote:

"...shippo doesn't offer discounted rates to countries outside of USA or Canada so I will l continue using the CPC web site...."

Shippo does offer discounts on tracked packet international as well. But Canada Post Tracked Packet International only covers 31 countries of the world.   

Shippo/eBay offers the SAME discount for Tracked Packet International as does Canada Post's Snap Ship -- so using the Canada Post calculator will give the correct value.

Example: Canada to Italy, 1kg package, SfSB Level 1, tracked packet:

Shippo/eBay: $56.13

Show minimum online savings (level 1): $56.13

Over the counter: $66.81

-..-

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

Thank you for clarifying that, it is as I expected. I didn't want other users to be left with the impression that Shippo offered counter rates. 

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Had the same problem today. From now on I will no longer be using Shippo I was on chat in the middle of the chat the person left the chat someone else came in but never answered the question. When I clicked Buy it had a rate but my billing was more. I am done!!! If you advertise a price that is what you charge period!!!

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2018

The problem with zombie threads is that the advice may be out of date or incorrect.

It is best with a recent problem to start a new thread.

That being said, I find Shippo hard to manage and prefer to use Paypal labels when I print out a label at all.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

I see the problem with ZoMbIe ThReAdS is users are doing a search looking for basic answers. Problem is the Ebay's default is Best Match when maybe it should be Date - Recent Post or something that works with that in mind.

-Lotz

Message 20 of 22
latest reply