SHIPPO do you save money ,

How's SHIPPO do you save money , is it worth using , I don't have a store so I don't ship a lot.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@thegreatwhitenorth2016 wrote:

How's SHIPPO do you save money , is it worth using , I don't have a store so I don't ship a lot.

Read the Shippo forum: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Shippo-Central/bd-p/Shippo

For Small Packet you will save with Shippo (looks to be around 20% off regular rates).

Until July 31 use Canada Post's new Snap Ship which has an extra 15% off for those trying it out.

Both require you to have a Canada Post's Solutions for Small Business number (free, used to be called Venture One).

-..-

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Sometimes time really is money.

Paypal shipping labels gave us 5% to 15% off PO counter rates, were smoothly integrated with eBay, and could be printed at home.

The package could then be dropped into the nearest postbox.

The discounts were nice, and the ease (usually) of use made PP labels an excellent choice, even for the occasional seller.

SnapShip is a Canada Post service. At the moment they have some promotional discounts but they are integrated with Canada Post's Small Business Solutions service (formerly VentureOne).

The discounts are in the 5% off PO counter lists, and most of the information has to be manually inserted. There does seem to be some effort to save the user's information but the recipient's information must be inserted manually every time.

We'll see what the discounts are when the current promotion is over.

It is well worth getting a (free) Small Business Solutions card at your PO. As well as the discounts, some services are only available to SBS customers.

Shippo! is taking over PP's shipping service with eBay.

There are discounts from PO counter prices. yp_dc dennis has been keeping an eye on those for us. Worth looking up all the numbers he has shown us so far. A lot of work and greatly appreciated.

Integration with eBay seems intemittent. Shippo! does seem to be acting on complaints.

Manually filling in fields takes time. Time is money.

You will be asked for your Small Business Solutions number. Part of the integration with Canada Post. Not a problem.

TL/DR

Still in the air.

But even 5% is 5%.

Oh what the heck.

You can use postage stamps to pay for any Canada Post service. And you can buy mint never used postage stamps here on eBay *cough* for greater discounts than any of the above services.

But you will be doing more manual addressing, and your packages will be colourful

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It is not cheaper then he old system it is
More
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@creativity-wholesale wrote:
It is not cheaper then he old system it is More

It is cheaper for Small Packet. For everything else use Canada Post's new Snap Ship until the extra 15% discount disappears at the end of July.

-..-

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Did anyone try using Shippo to create a USPS label? I am thinking of sellers who use Chitchat or other forwarders to mail in the US. Most sellers using Chitchat have a stamps.com account (some have the free one). Are the USPS discounts the same for Shippo and stamps.com?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

omg i never thought of that, using discount bulk stamps. 

Crazy!!! 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2017

The problem with zombie threads is that the information may be out of date and inaccurate.

There have been great changes in shipping labels in the past three years.

(Discount stamps are still a possiblity for some sellers, though.)

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Because of the length of time that has gone since the post has begun I've locked it from further replies. If this is still a topic that warrants discussion please don't hesitate to start a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply