Shipment Date

I just dropped a package in a Canada Post street letter box and now I realized something. When I bought the shipping label on Shippo, I entered Sep 30 (today) as the "shipment date." However, I remember seeing that the collection date for that street letter box is 9 am from Mon to Fri, which means my package will just sit there until Oct 2.

Will this be an issue? In Canada Post's point of view, my shipment date will not match what I specified.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Shipment Date

Depending on your handling time it could be a defect.. You need an acceptance scan, within your stated handling time to avoid a defect..fyi..

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Shipment Date

Canada Post does not care (with in reason) about the purchase date, they go by the first scan date.

eBay might care, but they are supposed to count in business days with Saturday/Sunday being the same as Monday.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Shipment Date

What service did you use?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Shipment Date

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

@lady.stark I used Expedited Parcel.

My package has been successfully processed by Canada Post, so I guess that it's not a strict deadline or anything like that.

Now a new problem has surfaced. It turns out the buyer's address is incomplete, so it's being delayed right now. It's a confirmed address on PayPal and marked as "Eligible" for Seller Protection, so I have no idea why this is happening. Everything is automatic from eBay to Shippo's site, so I didn't have to enter the address.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Shipment Date

If the package is delivered during the estimated time, you should not get a defect. Hopefully, everything will go well.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply