Shippo Account

After doing some research and comparisons. I have decided not to use Shippo - so I have made a request to delete my Shippo account. They do not need my information.

It may be interesting to see what happens.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shippo Account

I’m not sure why you are concerned about it but If you want to check to see if any info from eBay is going to Shippo go to your eBay account—site preferences and under General preferences go to third party authorizations.  If Shippo is on your authorized list you can revoke that authorization right there. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Shippo Account

@rosscd57 wrote:

After doing some research and comparisons. I have decided not to use Shippo - so I have made a request to delete my Shippo account. They do not need my information.

It may be interesting to see what happens.

Did they mis-use your information?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Shippo Account

No they did not misuse it - but why would I want them to continue to have my personal and ongoing sales information, if I have no intention of using thier product?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Shippo Account

You're not alone .... from what I've read on these Boards, a lot of people don't like it.

When I first tried it, I didn't like it and had they not been the first to offer a discount on U.S. small packet air (which PayPal then followed), I might not be using it today.  But because the majority of my shipments to the U.S. used to be light packet, I then switched to small packet.

Three things I really like:

** The (optional) note they send to the buyer is very professional and detailed.

** Their "shipments" screen makes it very easy to see, line by line, 20 of your most recent shipments, the service used and cost and, most importantly, all your linkable tracking numbers and whether they have been delivered.  This eliminates clicking around on eBay or PayPal.

** Expedited within Canada is a dollar or two less than PayPal

I understand, however, no one platform suits everyone.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Shippo Account

Not using it myself, because of my apparently endless supply of discount postage stamps, but I am interested in the claim that Shippo will allow a user to send a USPS Return Shipping Label to unhappy customers.

Still waiting for someone to report that they have successfully done this though.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Shippo Account

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Not using it myself, because of my apparently endless supply of discount postage stamps, but I am interested in the claim that Shippo will allow a user to send a USPS Return Shipping Label to unhappy customers.

Still waiting for someone to report that they have successfully done this though.

I haven't tried .... and hopefully I'll never have to LOL.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Shippo Account

I figure it will be a long time before anyone does-- returns and refunds are really pretty rare for most sellers.

We see all the problem cases here, and all too often can see where the seller went wrong.

The first one we do see will have gone pear-shaped. Should we start a 'dead pool'?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Shippo Account

After three requests - this is the answer I got back:

"Your account has been deactivated. If you ever decide to come back to the Shippo platform, just email us and we can reactivate your account."

This is my reply:

"...... "Deactivated" you say. Does this mean the account has not been deleted?

Still interesting.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Shippo Account

I’m not sure why you are concerned about it but If you want to check to see if any info from eBay is going to Shippo go to your eBay account—site preferences and under General preferences go to third party authorizations.  If Shippo is on your authorized list you can revoke that authorization right there. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Shippo Account

Thanks for the info - I went in and deleted Shippo as a third party. There was also something called:"Lithium Developments" that I did not recognize, so I dumped it to.

Any one recognize Lithium Developments?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Shippo Account

Lithium runs the message boards. Since you’ve signed in on the boards again the approval for lithium is probably back on your preferences

Message 11 of 11
latest reply