Shippo rude redirection

Hi,

Today, when I logged into ebay.ca to see my sales, I got a "congratulation" message forcing me into visiting the shippo site. The approach was rude, without possibility to continue to eBay. The message was so weird that I seriously thought I was getting caught into a phising / browser hijack thing... or was I????  Very rude and scary approach. Definitely not the way to go to promote a service!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Shippo rude redirection

What browser are you using?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Shippo rude redirection

I’ve only seen that message when I have  clicked on print shipping label.  Is it possible that you clicked on that?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Shippo rude redirection

I got (and still get) that message Window when clicking on the bell icon (top right of the screen) where we are notified of new activity or sales.

I used Google Chrome. I also tried Edge, same thing.

I get redirected there : 

https://gslblui.ebay.ca/gslblui/partnerRedirect?itemId=223822927153&transId=2356806795012

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Shippo rude redirection

I think that's the same one I saw tonight.

Pfft.

I detest using Shippo -- others may like it. YMMV.

I only print labels through Paypal and when I am notified of a sale, I first go to Paypal to confirm that the customer has paid.

Labels if needed are printed through PP.

So the notice was annoying but unimportant.

Except for another reason to dislike Shippo.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Shippo rude redirection

I am also getting this redirect Shippo scam.  I now have to access adderesses from the "paid but not shipped" window.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Shippo rude redirection

Seriously, go to Paypal when you are notified of a sale.

Not only will it confirm that you really have been paid, but you can print your packing slip and buy your shipping labels there.

At the same discounts as you would get from Shippo.

And because it is tied into eBay still, you don't have to enter addresses and titles. Even customs info is there if you need it.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply