Shippo still not working for me

My orders are still not showing up in shippo.

the last order that showed up was on Dec 19. Since then I have had several sales and none of them are showing on the orders page. 

Some of the sales are to USA, and I need to ship via Small Packet. I suppose I am going to have to do Snap Ship again.

I did not change anything in my setup, but something has gone wrong. Can anyone suggest how I can get my orders to start showing up in Shippo again???

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Shippo still not working for me

@around_again_records wrote:

My orders are still not showing up in shippo.

the last order that showed up was on Dec 19. Since then I have had several sales and none of them are showing on the orders page. 

Some of the sales are to USA, and I need to ship via Small Packet. I suppose I am going to have to do Snap Ship again.

I did not change anything in my setup, but something has gone wrong. Can anyone suggest how I can get my orders to start showing up in Shippo again???

Shippo seems to be having major issues of late handling the volume of inquiries. Have you tried logging out and logging back? You may also need to clear cache and cookies and do a reboot. Have you confirmed if you token(for Canadapost) is still valid? Hopefully one of those suggestions will help. Best of luck.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I'm guessing you've already thought of it but have you checked to see if you still have a third- party authorization for Shippo in your ebay site preferences?

The authorization may have expired requiring a new one be authorized from the Shippo side. I no longer use Shippo, not sure if their authorization needs to be renewed every so often or not.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

by Token for Canada Post do you mean Authorization the same as Kawartha speaks of below? If so, I will check that out. I have tried all the other things that you mentioned, with no luck.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

haha, no I had not already thought of it. Call me silly, but I expect to get some kind of message when things expire. LOL, I don't check these things without being directed to them. Old fashioned and spoiled I guess. I will check out my third party authorization. Thank you for pointing me in that direction. Sounds like a possibility, because all my orders have just quit going to Shippo
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

A couple helpful replies to check my Shippo Token or Third Party Authorization for Shippo in Site Preferences. It sounds like that could be the problem but...

I have gone to Site Preferences and I cannot find where I would reset Authorization for Shippo. I cannot find any information regarding Shippo in site preferences. 

I have contacted Shippo help, and was told they are short staffed for the holidays, and if I am still having problems contact them after the holidays. 😞

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@around_again_records wrote:
by Token for Canada Post do you mean Authorization the same as Kawartha speaks of below? If so, I will check that out. I have tried all the other things that you mentioned, with no luck.

Settings should be on left hand side of the Shippo Page. In carriers there should be 2 tabs. 1 Listing Carriers, 2nd 1 listing Active Carriers.  API will let you confirm/test tokens.

-Lotz

Shippo 1.JPGShippo 2.JPG

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Thank you, I found what you are talking about. I had been looking all over on eBay for something.

It appears I do not have any active tokens, and I don't really know how to generate or what the Heck I would be doing. My version is 2017, so chances are it needs updating, but again I would not know what I was doing. I guess I will wait until Shippo gets back to me. In the mean time, I'm getting faster at using Snap Ship. Just have to remember to make my credit card payments, not to mention Paypal will no longer reflect accurate information for me. 😞

Thanks again for taking the time. If Shippo points me in this direction, I will at least have a heads up 🙂
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

2017 version? This is a non issue in regards to your difficulty.

Shippo cannot access your ebay customers' order details unless you authorize ebay to share said info with Shippo. What you need to do is find somewhere in Shippo settings a means of triggering Shippo to request that you "authorize" ebay to share your order info with Shippo. It sounds like Shippo may use the term "token" to describe ebay's third-party authorization which might also be termed a sort of digital signature or permission slip.

The Shippo settings screenshots Lotz provided for you look like a good place to get Shippo to ask you to re-new your ebay "token". Originally this would have been created and registered with ebay as a third-paarty authorization when you created your Shippo account.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

You're not alone  @around_again_records 

I stopped using Shippo about a year ago because my orders rarely showed up.  I tried synching and refreshing and downloading.  Nothing worked.  Every once in a while I would go back to see if it was working and, on a good day, one of three orders would show, most often none.  So I've been using PayPal or SnapShip to create my labels.

Earlier this month, I contacted Customer Service once again and, while she was very courteous, she offered nothing but elementary advice ..... log in, log out; delete ebay.ca and ebay.com and then re-select them; delete the carriers I use and then re-select them.  I politely said thanks but I had already tried these things and many others at least a 100 times.

I don’t know whether you have signed on to Managed Payments.  I haven’t simply because I am unable to use Shippo and I want access to ALL my money in PayPal to prepare labels on that site or anywhere else I choose.  If you haven’t signed on yet, my suggestion is to hold off, keep your money in PayPal and prepare your shipping labels there.  eBay is getting much more forceful in getting us all to sign on but I’m holding off to the last very second.

I realize that I haven't solved your problem, and I just wanted to give you a heads up that Shippo Customer Service may not be able to either, and to let you know that there are others cursing up a storm every time they log on to Shippo.  I'll be watching this thread to see if some tip will show up that will help you, me and many others I'm sure.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Thanks JT, sounds like I have been lucky so far. Shippo has worked seamlessly until it quit updating on the 19th

I'm still not on managed payments, I dread the thought of changing. Every change is nothing but a big hassle, and makes the process longer and more complicated. I really do not like the idea of all these mini transactions in my bank account, and transferring money back and forth to pay for shipping. I'm sure I will get dinged with extra service charges from the bank, no to mention, keeping track of everything.

Right now it is so easy. I use Paypal for ebay. Fees come out, shipping comes out, anything left is profit that I can use for online purchases :). It's so simple and easy, and managed payments will ruin all that. To tell you the truth with all the changes eBay has made in the last few years, I dread making listings, and if something goes wrong, trying to find help is a horror story. When I started on eBay it was easy to understand. Things worked, and my interface was not clogged up with useless information, that was put there just because someone wrote a little program for it. I used Turbo Lister for my listings and did them at my leisure, had them saved and sorted on my computer ready to upload when the time was right. That's all been scraped, and I gave up trying to save anything in eBay, I can't count the times I've gone to upload drafts that I had prepared ahead, only to see the "Ooops there was a problem, try again later" error message.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, thanks for replying, problem not solved, but at least I know it is probably not my system here that is messed up

Take care, all the best for the New Year - Stay Well

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

2017 version? This is a non issue in regards to your difficulty.

Shippo cannot access your ebay customers' order details unless you authorize ebay to share said info with Shippo. What you need to do is find somewhere in Shippo settings a means of triggering Shippo to request that you "authorize" ebay to share your order info with Shippo. It sounds like Shippo may use the term "token" to describe ebay's third-party authorization which might also be termed a sort of digital signature or permission slip.

The Shippo settings screenshots Lotz provided for you look like a good place to get Shippo to ask you to re-new your ebay "token". Originally this would have been created and registered with ebay as a third-paarty authorization when you created your Shippo account.

It does indeed sound like this is where the problem lies, and I found the page that Lotz referenced. I do not have any active tokens, and I do not trust myself to start muddling about with it. I do remember something about setting up 3rd Party Authorization when I set things up but that's 3 years ago, I can't find it now. 

You'd think if something was expiring, you would get a notice or something???? Not just let it run out. Stuff not working is getting to be a real PITA

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

In total agreement with all of the points mentioned in the last couple of posts.

Am still getting the weekly "action required" email and message from MP which I plan to ignore as long as possible. Paypal worked great for shipping until ebay abandoned that for Shippo, next thing is they'll be cajoling sellers to use the new ebay in-house shipping platform. Hopefully ebay has budgeted enough dollars to engage a competent developer to build and manage the project.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I have spoken to Customer Service several times ... never did I hear the words "token" or "version".  I too though maybe I wasn't using the most current version but the messages you get if you try to update are like warnings that you're about to launch a missile.  Plus in several different places, it states that you should not upgrade to the next version until asked to.

=====================

Upgrading your API version may break your implementation.  Be sure to test your code first.

. Learn more about how API versioning works here.

You’re upgrading to the latest API version from: 2017-03-29.

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ROLLBACK AFTER UPGRADING.  I am aware of the backwards incompatible changes of upgrading and understand that I cannot roll back after upgrading.
CancelUpgrade
======================

And tokens ... forget about it.  When they say make sure you keep in a very secure place, I think wha------?

Tokens
Live Tokens 
You should never expose your Live Token. PLEASE STORE SECURELY.

No wonder so many of us want to stay with PayPal.  I have had zero problems with them in the 15 years I've been using them.  And I don't want to switch.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

ROFL - Launch a missile lol - I didn't even read all the messages that you came across but when things have names and I don't even know what they are I might as well treat them like a missile launch even without reading all the warnings. i did see the ones about tokens, those messages are right on top. They don't say what a token is Just to guard it with your life. LOL, it's all too funny. Communication breakdown everywhere I go LOL
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

I have spoken to Customer Service several times ... never did I hear the words "token" or "version".  I too though maybe I wasn't using the most current version but the messages you get if you try to update are like warnings that you're about to launch a missile.  Plus in several different places, it states that you should not upgrade to the next version until asked to.

=====================

Upgrading your API version may break your implementation.  Be sure to test your code first.

. Learn more about how API versioning works here.

You’re upgrading to the latest API version from: 2017-03-29.

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ROLLBACK AFTER UPGRADING.  I am aware of the backwards incompatible changes of upgrading and understand that I cannot roll back after upgrading.
CancelUpgrade
======================

And tokens ... forget about it.  When they say make sure you keep in a very secure place, I think wha------?

Tokens
Live Tokens 
You should never expose your Live Token. PLEASE STORE SECURELY.

No wonder so many of us want to stay with PayPal.  I have had zero problems with them in the 15 years I've been using them.  And I don't want to switch.

@around_again_records 

Attached is the solution I received from the Shippo Helpdesk for resetting your token when items are not populating from eBay to Shippo. Also included are the instructions for creating external shipments. Forwarding as received: **For reference purposes only**. If anyone is able to try this and has success please pass on your findings.

Thanks,

-Lotz

PS. Tokens were a musical group from the 60ies that did A Lion Sleeps Tonight.

Thanks for reaching out to Shippo! I am sorry for the delay in our response this holiday season! 

When orders are no longer importing into Shippo this could be due to the security authentication expiring. Unfortunately, even a brief period of inactivity can cause this. We always recommend that customers first try disconnecting then reconnecting their eBay account from Shippo. This will trigger a new security key from Shippo. 

However, if after trying this you still have trouble please reach out to us via chat or phone for immediate assistance. 

When using Canada Post the carrier won't time out or expire. However, if you would like to purchase postage outside of your eBay.ca orders you will want to follow the steps below.

1. Create a Canada Post Business account here: https://sso.epost.ca/sso/pfe/en/registration/

2. Enter your current Canada Post customer number: XXXXXXXX and account number: XXXXXXXXXX in the Canada Post account set up. You can find this by clicking settings>carriers>my account.

3. Enter a default payment method in your new Canada Post account

4. Sign up for the Canada Post Developer program here: https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/business/productsservices/developers/services/gettingstarted.jsf

5. Canada Post will then issue you a set of Development and Production API keys.

6. Open a second tab and log into your Shippo account. Then select settings>Carriers>Add Carrier Account> locate Canada Post from the menu.

7. Copy and paste your Production username and password keys into your Shippo account. Once you have entered all the information needed hit save.

Following the steps above will allow you to create domestic return labels and purchase postage outside of eBay. 

You also mentioned the payment method was a large issue! Unfortunately, at this time we haven't added any new methods. However, we are constantly working with our payment processor to expand the card types we are able to use!

If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to let us know! Anyone on our team would be happy to help.
SHIPPO

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for posting, Lotz.

I too look forward to learning if anyone has success with this.

I did disconnect and re-connect several times and when I contacted Customer Service (this was all before your most recent post), it was suggested that I try disconnecting and re-connecting (aaarrrghh!)  To me, that was so basic and I was actually ticked off because I had explained fully the problems I had had and the solutions I had tried, so when they provided what I thought was an elementary solution to a detailed issue I raised, I never pursued this with them again.  And eBay continues to push for Managed Payments and I will resist to the point where I quit eBay.

I do remember "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" ... lol.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply