Shippo

9638s
Community Member

Tried getting a shipping address for a sale  and ebay is trying to force me to open a Shippo account. Had one....closed it. Rates are terrible, refunds take weeks, I have a cheaper local alternative. How do I get ebay to stop trying to force me to open a Shippo account for every sale?  I just want to copy the address for my shipping service without having to check my PayPal receipts or going to the US site every time.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shippo

Hi. If you use Chit Chats (I use that to.. simply connect your eBay account to your Chit Chats account and then you simply import the orders by a click of a button!

From your CC account go in settings, Sales Channels and click on Connect eBay Account.

It works great and you don't need to enter anything manually and not even to copy paste!

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Shippo

Go to Manage all orders In the Seller Hub

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/ord/?filter=status:ALL_ORDERS

Then you select View record from the drop down list next to the sale.

That will give you the shipping details without a visit to PayPal or having a Shippo account.

-..-

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Shippo

Thanx...that worx, but I have to go back and forth to Cut/Paste each line individually as opposed to one cut/paste per order. Not very accomodating.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Shippo

Or you could write down the address on a piece of paper and then type it in -- without all the bother of back and fort cut and paste.

In addition to Shippo, which eBay will default to, you can print a label from your Paypal account or you can use your SnapShip account that came with the Small Business Solutions number you need for Shippo and Paypal.

PP has the advantage of prefilling your shipping label, including information for customs (which can be modified manually). Fees come from your PP balance usually.

SS is Canada Post directly but there you will be paying with a credit card and filling most information manually.

All three are accepted by eBay and all three have the same charges and discounts.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Shippo

Thanx for the suggestions.

Or you could write down the address on a piece of paper and then type it in -- without all the bother of back and fort cut and paste.

Kind of defeats the purpose to write it down separately then enter it manually.  Lot of writing to fill in 8 or 10 shipping addresses. Plus...my typing skills aren't the best so I worry about misreading and/or mistyping.  Cut/Paste eliminates that worry.

In addition to Shippo, which eBay will default to, you can print a label from your Paypal account or you can use your SnapShip account that came with the Small Business Solutions number you need for Shippo and Paypal.

I use Chit Chats to ship so I just copy the whole name/address and they fill in the information in all the correct fields. No Small Buisness number required.

PP has the advantage of prefilling your shipping label, including information for customs (which can be modified manually). Fees come from your PP balance usually.

Don't get me started on PayPal. Their fees and exchange rates aren't the best. I prefer putting the charges on my credit card. Keeps all my charges in one place. There is also the reward factor and the card I use doesn't charge a ForEx fee.

All three are accepted by eBay and all three have the same charges and discounts.

Another reason I don't use them. I save money using another service.

I think it's kind of high-handed of ebay to force me to sign up with Shippo just to get my buyers address on site quickly and easily.

If I can't access without a Shippo account, I guess I'll just keep selling/using the US site.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Shippo

@9638s 

If you are using Sellers Hub, just go to Orders, click on the drop down for the particular order you are shipping and choose Print shipping labels and invoices. There you will have the options to either choose Paypal, etc or print packslip/invoices. Select one of those options...Continue and just use cut and paste or print. You may/may not have to reformat slightly to fit your particular label but works fine for the packages I send my regular letter mail.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Shippo

I either print the address by copying it from the packing slip as another poster suggested or I go to the item itself and click on order details which gives the full address. 

I use sellers hub but if you are using the sold list on my ebay, there should be an order details link next to the purchase.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Shippo

@9638s wrote:

Thanx...that worx, but I have to go back and forth to Cut/Paste each line individually as opposed to one cut/paste per order. Not very accomodating.

Rather than copying and pasting each line, click on the move arrow so that the complete address posts in the box.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Shippo

Hi. If you use Chit Chats (I use that to.. simply connect your eBay account to your Chit Chats account and then you simply import the orders by a click of a button!

From your CC account go in settings, Sales Channels and click on Connect eBay Account.

It works great and you don't need to enter anything manually and not even to copy paste!

Hope it helps!
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Shippo

Thankyou!
Message 10 of 10
latest reply