Who is over-billing me?

joe-dfi
Community Member

My Shippo invoices do not match my Customer Supplier Account Receipts.

I understand that if I am inaccurate in my size / weight measurements when I purchase the shipping label, then Canada Post may adjust the charge for the shipment. Due to my understanding of this, I always double check and round up.

I do not have any adjustments being made with any carrier --- except Shippo.

How do I followup in determining who is "adjusting my package dimensions" and my invoices?

My latest parcel -- actual measurements --- 65 gr --- 14.3 x 13.2 x 3.1 cm

Measurements used to purchase label ---- 100 gr  --- 15 x 15 x 4 cm

My next step is to have the clerk at the postal outlet provide a weight / dimension receipt that I can keep on file to support my claims of overcharging.

The forced change to Shippo has been a step backward.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Who is over-billing me?

@joe-dfi wrote:

My Shippo invoices do not match my Customer Supplier Account Receipts.

I understand that if I am inaccurate in my size / weight measurements when I purchase the shipping label, then Canada Post may adjust the charge for the shipment. Due to my understanding of this, I always double check and round up.

I do not have any adjustments being made with any carrier --- except Shippo.

How do I followup in determining who is "adjusting my package dimensions" and my invoices?

My latest parcel -- actual measurements --- 65 gr --- 14.3 x 13.2 x 3.1 cm

Measurements used to purchase label ---- 100 gr  --- 15 x 15 x 4 cm

My next step is to have the clerk at the postal outlet provide a weight / dimension receipt that I can keep on file to support my claims of overcharging.

You can still use PayPal if you don't want Shippo.

Only time I've had additional charges has been with Canada Post online labels.

How long have you been overcharged?

Is it all packages or only some?

Small Packet and Tracked Packet should have no size based adjustments since their cost is weight based only.

Last minute thought: Are you buying insurance?

Unless you specify otherwise, any extra shipping insurance is bought from the 3rd party insurance company that Shippo deals with, NOT from Canada Post. Thus the Canada Post label detail cost will not match what Shippo charges.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Who is over-billing me?

Canada Post is the ones who would say whether the dimensions/weight are incorrect since they are the ones who handle the parcel.  Shippo wouldn't have anything to do with that. Are you receiving something separate saying that you have to pay more for a package or are you just guessing that that is why your invoices aren't matching?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply