0 results found in all categories

Hi,

I've found out recently that many of my customers can't see my listings in my store. Even tho I have over 3000 listings, when viewing my store (http://stores.ebay.ca/Hibouquine) it says "0 results found in all categories" for SOME users.

I've tested myself on 3 different computers (each using 3 different browsers) and 1 computer view the correct number of products while one always see "0 results" on all browsers, and the last one see the correct number on one browser and none on the other browser.

I already tried clearing the history and the cache on all computers, and I tried logging on a friend eBay account on 2 computers, on one of them he sees the listings and on the other he doesn't.

Has this happened to anyone, or does that make sense to any of you ?

Thanks alot if you can help me!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Possibly, it does. Where do you ship? Canada only? If the last person on the eBay page set the destination to check coat of postage to the USA, for example, the site thinks the buyer is in USA for the next search and shows only listings available to the USA which would be zero. Check your shipping settings. I can’t see any countries on your two listings I viewed from my mobile device.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

You do know that if you do not ship to North America that no one in the USA will be able to see your listings, right?

Since I am in Canada I can see 3797 listings.

From dotCOM I can see none.

BTW, have you considered selling to France?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hi,

thanks for the reply! Yes, I know that blocking North America block USA. For different reason we chose to sell to Canada buyer only.

The problem is that even Canada user (well at least some...) can't see my listing.

I've also read the comment of Momcqueen who says if a user search a shipping price to USA he could be mistaken for a USA user. But we tried here on different computer on which we had never done a USA shipping charge and it doesn't work!

What we don't understand is that the user can't see the store listings, but he can see the "new items" and "ending soon" widget at the top of our store, with all the products in them!

In our test we were even able to view a product by searching it (in ebay directly and not via the Store), and were able to have a shipping price for our location. It looks like the problem only affect the store category ? or store listing ?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hi Momcqueen, yes we ship only to Canada. We have tried to view our store from a computer (logged with a user) tha was only used to ship to Canada and we can't see the listings.

When you say you can't see any countries on our two listings, you mean that it's not written where we ship ? Could you give me the link to those listings ? Each of our listing and set with "shipping to canada" + "local pickup".

Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

How long did you wait before checking for listings? Listings don't show up immediately they take up to 24 hours to show. 

Are you using a router that's properly set to the actual Canadian destination so that ebay can see where you're shopping from?

The situation you describe has been linked exclusively to buyer location. If you ship only to Canada, only a browser that ebay can acknowledge a Canadian address will show any listings. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Some of those listings have been in the store for months, even years for some.

Yesterday (24h ago) we also tried removing the shipping restriction from one of the item and it won't show even with that.

Regarding the configuration of our browser/computer/network, we have tried on 3 browsers, on 4 computers, located on 3 different network (all in Canada). I would be surprised that all those have a conflicting setting with the eBay localisation process.

Well, we are still waiting for reply from ebay regarding this problem!

Thanks for your help, do not hesitate if you see something else that could cause that!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

With all due respect, I don't think you're hearing our questions.

Even if a listing has been Good Till Cancelled since 2003, it still renews each 30 days. When it renews, it re-indexes itself. If you have 2500 listings re-indexing at the same time, your store will show) listings until that process is complete. 

Are you absolutely certain no one is tinkering with your IP address? Do you watch American Netflix, or have a youngster in the house who like to fuss with computer bits? 

What you are describing is 99 times of 100 not a glitch or error by ebay, it's a result of user misunderstanding, or user error.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Allow me to illustrate. 

I have 1126 listings in my store. Here I see 1126 listings, when viewing my store as a CanadianHere I see 1126 listings, when viewing my store as a Canadian

Then I go browsing ebay, as sellers often do. I check out a listing by the competition. Interesting. Where does he ship? What does it cost to ship from China to the Cayman Islands. I don't ship to the Cayman Islands, I wonder blah blah blah. 

I wonder what the weather is like in the Cayman Islands at this time of year....I wonder what the weather is like in the Cayman Islands at this time of year....

Away I go, with ebay still thinking I want shipping to the Cayman Islands because that is the last data that I gave them. See above. I saunter back to my own user, look at my listings and GASP there are none visible. 

Zero listings?! But I have more than a thousandZero listings?! But I have more than a thousand

What is going on? Panic panic. No. Ebay is showing me zero listings because it thinks I am in the Cayman Islands and as a seller, I ship nothing to the Cayman Islands. Therefore, it will show me nothing because nothing is available to me.

Because YOU ship to only Canada, you are severely limiting your visibility. 

Are all these computers that showed nothing for listings linked to the same internet provider account? The same house? Whose user ID? What Primary Address are you using? What is your IP address and are you positive it tells other websites that you are in Canada? My own gets confused, and sometimes Google thinks I'm in Australia. From Canada. Like, nothing could be further from the truth. 

Also, indexing. Like I said in the previous post, it can take a full day for listings to reappear as they renew, especially if you have a whole boatload indexing at the same time. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Let me show it to you this way:

Because you only ship to Canada, this is what ebay shows me for your listings from literally any other country in the world if it thinks that is where I am either located or where I want to ship, based on the infaomtion that I as a user give to ebayBecause you only ship to Canada, this is what ebay shows me for your listings from literally any other country in the world if it thinks that is where I am either located or where I want to ship, based on the infaomtion that I as a user give to ebayWhen ebay knows for certain that I am located in Canada and seek to ship my item to an address in Canada, again based on the information that I have provided to ebay, it shows me that you have a whole pile of listings under your IDWhen ebay knows for certain that I am located in Canada and seek to ship my item to an address in Canada, again based on the information that I have provided to ebay, it shows me that you have a whole pile of listings under your ID

Message 10 of 10
latest reply