Calculated Shipping does not show up for USA buyers- Check yours! No one fixing this?

I have sent inquiries on twitter @AskeBay and @eBay.ca  but nothing yet as well as eBay for business on Face Book and on another thread. 

I list on .ca and .com. All my .ca calculated shipping no longer works properly - it is shows NOTHING for anything other than Canada.

No shipping options are shown for USA at all.

And no, I have not changed my shipping profiles or calculations on my 900+ GTC listings on .ca. This is a programming error "glitch". This is not isolated. I have been in eBay groups and most Canadian sellers are being effected by this. This is not ok. 

My Sales have gone down dramatically this past week. So How long has this been happening?

Please can someone look into this or fix this. It is bad enough as a seller I had to hand change over 800 listings by hand last year because of a known shipping glitch that no one at eBay would fix. That glitch btw is that you must choose your shipping preferences for other than domestic on .ca as 1) USA and any USA shipping options and then 2) International. IF you do it in the order of 1) International then 2) specific you get a full error code and no one can purchase. I do hope that is fixed for others.

Please comment here if anyone else is experiencing this. NO SHIPPING OPTIONS TO USA ?? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Comment from a Canadian seller having the same issue with the shipping calculator in 2013.

"Note that I did NOT check the checkmark in the last section.  Instead eBay filled that in for me when I listed the item.  Pity! because I don't want the buyers to contact me for costs, I want them to be able to use the shipping calculator."

I've added, Contact me for a shipping quote to my listings, but most potential customers can't be bothered. They just go on to a US seller where this feature works.

tyler@ebay
Community Member

wrote:

@I have sent inquiries on twitter @AskeBay and @eBay.ca  but nothing yet as well as eBay for business on Face Book and on another thread. 

I list on .ca and .com. All my .ca calculated shipping no longer works properly - it is shows NOTHING for anything other than Canada.

No shipping options are shown for USA at all.

And no, I have not changed my shipping profiles or calculations on my 900+ GTC listings on .ca. This is a programming error "glitch". This is not isolated. I have been in eBay groups and most Canadian sellers are being effected by this. This is not ok. 

My Sales have gone down dramatically this past week. So How long has this been happening?

Please can someone look into this or fix this. It is bad enough as a seller I had to hand change over 800 listings by hand last year because of a known shipping glitch that no one at eBay would fix. That glitch btw is that you must choose your shipping preferences for other than domestic on .ca as 1) USA and any USA shipping options and then 2) International. IF you do it in the order of 1) International then 2) specific you get a full error code and no one can purchase. I do hope that is fixed for others.

Please comment here if anyone else is experiencing this. NO SHIPPING OPTIONS TO USA ?? 

Thanks for the tag @momcqueen!

Hi @koolkoolthangs, sorry that you're running into this. Although the shipping information is not displayed on the View Item page, it is available on the back end. An item being added to the shopping cart will show shipping options.  I've gotten your account added to the open tickets we have for these issues and we hope to see a resolution for this soon!

This is an established error that has been happening in one form or another since sometime around November 2017. My sales outside Canada have not been affected as my buyers are able to see postage costs and checkout as soon as they Add to Cart. There are several threads on ebay Canada Community about this at the moment, a search of Calculated Shipping organized by date will bring forward for you. 

Ebay is well aware of the problem and we have been assured by people who know that they are working on it. 

tyler@ebay

If anyone is still following this thread, please note the weekly chat with ebay staff is now open. Please share your concerns about this with Tyler overnight for his response tomorrow. 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/February-21st-2018-Weekly-Session/m-p/394714/highli...

If other users will attempt to temporarily remove Air Parcel from listings as a workaround, please take note that doing so via Bulk Edit will not actually save the changes.

This is a bug with the Bulk Editor;  I've experienced this phenomena in the past with bulk editor bulk changes to international postage options, you can make the changes but they won't take. You have to do this in the Revise Item one at a time, or using Bulk Editor but selecting the items One at a Time. Of course, if you have items of varying sizes/valued selected, you might want to do it that way anyway.

Either way, it presents a time-consuming workaround, and one that is not ideal if you rely on sales to countries served only by Air Parcel. And one you'd need to undo when the Shipping Calculator is fixed. 

For now, I'm removing Air Parcel service from my Auctions only, as Add to Cart shows postage as it should for international buyers looking to purchase Buy It Now items. My business model doesn't rely on Auctions, they are mostly an after-thought here. And, as I've stated elsewhere at other times, my outside-Canada sales don't seem to be affected by this problem as significant as it is, since I use Buy It Nows and Good Till Cancelled listings. Oddly, my domestic sales have taken a sharp drop in recent weeks but those are not affected by the glitch. That sharp drop does, however, occur periodically in my category. Naturally and randomly. 

I have had the same problems in the last couple of weeks. Wasting a lot of time and getting very frustrated. Plus the ability to sell is being affected!

Seems picking Canada Post small packet and tracked packet sometimes works. Anything else does not, so forget anything except a small item!! I just listed a whole bunch of items, but now regretting it. May cancel all and wait until it is fixed. Rather than getting no sales or poor selling price.

This is completely unacceptable!

2018mac
Community Member

Hello

I'm having the same issue! No USA shipping calculation available. USA customers being told that my listing does not ship to USA from Canada. This happened two days ago on my first listing ever. Still not resolved after numerous calls to ebay.

Add to Cart. Buyers can still find and see postage costs that way for Buy It Now items. Also, checkout. Personally, I would halt important auctions until this is over and move them instead to BIN.

Same problem for me, very frustrating, lot of email for shipping quote, less sales. For ebay fees we pay it is very disappointing

I too have had multiple issues with no shipping price being available for US and international listings. I am 100% sure I have lost sales as not everyone is willing to spend the time to enquirer what the shipping cost is.

I am having the same problem since yesterday, all of my listings are on .ca, and are calculated. They are not showing shipping for the US or international. I have over 900 listings, so definitely a huge problem!

This is what all my listings show - nothing.Screenshot (163).png

Ask a Question