Can't get past the "Experiencing Technical Difficulties" message

lapoto2
Community Member

I didn't change my password earlier earlier and haven't logged onto eBay for a month or so.  I now get the "Sorry! We're currently experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to complete the process at this time" message when I try to login or change my password or when I click on Contact Customer Support.  This happens in Chrome, IE and FireFox.  It happens on ebay.com and on ebay.ca.  It happens on three different computers including a brand new one that has never been used on the Internet before.  So the problem can't be at my end.  It has to be a problem with my account.  I've phoned eBay tech support and have been told they are referring my problem to technical support but it has been 3 weeks now and no call back and still the same problem.  

I've set up this new account just to get on and ask this question.  However, my old account has hundreds of positive feedbacks, all my saved searches, my history etc.

How do I get it back?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

ca_boule
Community Member

I have the EXACT same problem.

Need help on this !

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Same problem here. I've been trying to log in and change my password for over a week. I positive I'm using the right login info. I've tried multiple computers. It's frustrating because you can't even contact eBay without being logged in. I really don't want to lose my 14 year old account, so I hope eBay fixes this.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

had the same problem, contacted ebay and problem fixed 🙂

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

lapoto2
Community Member

As I've said I have telephoned through to Support a couple of times, told them about the problem, that it occurs on multiple computers, with three different browsers and on both the ebay.ca and ebay.com sites.  Support stated that it must be at their end then and told me that they were referring it to their technical people who would be calling me.  A month later and no call back and all I still get is the Technical Difficulties message.  Twice the initial support person has sent me a link to help me reset my password and both times after using the link and trying to change the password that way, I got the Technical Difficulties message.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Now it's 2018 and I'm having the same problem. For days and on different computers. eBay has a problem losing accounts and I guess still hasn't fixed it after all these years. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

While I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulty accessing your account, the thread to which you are replying is very old and out-of-date. If this kind of account problem were happening to me, I'd probably call ebay Customer Service and ask for help with it. Good luck. 

@happy_pigeon

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2014

The problem with zombie threads is that the information may be out of date or incorrect.

@happy_pigeon

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply