Changed password, now I can't log in?

errosas
Community Member

About 2 weeks ago now, ebay told me I needed to change my password for security reasons. It was a legitimate email, not a scam or anything, so directly through the site I reset my password.

Immedietly after resetting my password and confirming my email, I went to log in, and got a "whoops, something went wrong, please try again later". Confirmed email and new password are correct, also tried with just my username. No help.

Reset my password a total of 5 more times over the 2 weeks now, still no luck. Still telling me "something went wrong", and not even that my password or email is wrong, just that something went wrong. Getting really annoyed now. Have tried on several other browsers and devices and get the same error.

Tried to contact staff to no luck because the only option left is calling them and I'm not up to dealing with that. Anyone else ever had this happen, and hopefully have any suggestions? Googling the issue others have dealt with it but those posts are quite old now.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @errosas - can you let me know the user id of the account that was having issues? I see that this account is very new.

There's a possibility that your password change got 'stuck' somewhere and needs to get nudged a bit. Happy to check on it if you send me a private message with more detail!

tyler@ebay

Welcome back from vacation.  Can you help?

Ask a Question