Complaint about eBay Canada site

silvrfx
Community Member

Since I can't find where to make this complaint with eBay Canada, I am posting it here. I feel eBay Canada site should be strictly Canadian listings and shipping within Canada with Canadian pricing. If I want to shop U.S., I go to eBay.com! Totally frustrated with eBay Canada and rarely shop the site, for this reason!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

As a Canadian seller listing goods in CAD that ship from Canada, I understand your feelings about this.

There are tactics you can take to eliminate most if not all of the items that you don't want to see.

First, at left toward the bottom of the page, narrow your search to Canada Only listings.

Then arrange your Search view preferences to List View which allows you to easily filter the items shipping from the USA through the Global Shipping Program. 

When you are looking at a pile of Search Results, the ones where the price appears in bold type face are native to Canadian currency while the prices that appear in boldface italics are converted to CAD from whatever else they are listed in.

Please note the directions to do this are different on a mobile device. Write back if you need more information on that. Screenshots to follow.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

1. Filter your listing to Canada Only

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 6.48.42 AM.png

2. Set your Search Preference to List View and then choose how you want to be shown listings NOT in Canadian dollars. Do you want them converted to CAD or left in USD? This is at the top right of your page under View. Go to the drop-down and then Customize.

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 6.49.32 AM.png

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

3. This leaves you a choice of how you want the non-CAD listings identified. As USD in the search, or as converted to CAD from whatever they are actually, and that conversion is denoted by italics boldface. This is the same listing (not mine) viewed both ways. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 6.49.52 AM.png

Or

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 6.54.48 AM.png

The latter example shows you the top item 'converted to CAD' next to the lower item which is listed in CAD. Note the difference.

Also, if you feel strongly about this, you can come back and speak directly to ebay on Tuesdays overnight to Wednesdays with the Weekly Board Chat.  If you search Weekly Board Hour, you will see how that works. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

ca_cunn
Community Member

That is exactly why you are having problems. Ebay.com wants to kill off the profitable but not profitable ENOUGH Ebay.ca

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to reply and provide screen shots...I appreciate that. I still stand with my complaint, though. Or, there should only be one site...ebay.com (a North American site)...which can be searched as you have shown. But to have a Canadian site and find very little Canadian content that is shipped within Canada, is sad, disappointing and frustrating. I also feel bad for the Canadian businesses on ebay.ca who are competing against the U.S. businesses, where we see more U.S. content than Canadian. Why wouldn't customers shop ebay.com to see where they could get the best deal then amongst all U.S. sellers instead of just some U.S. sellers on ebay.ca?....that's just a rhetorical question. Good luck to you and your business, and thanks again for your responses. Merry Christmas and all the best in 2018!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

brcotte_0
Community Member

I too have just tried to recover shipping costs of a part the seller sent which they said would fit in the product list but was a totally different part. They refunded me the cost of the part but refused to refund the shipping costs back to the US which was over half the cost of the part itself.  I contacted EBAY  by phone and they tell me because I didn't buy it through EBAY I couldnt receive the shipping costs back.... funny cause it was EBAY site I used to order the part. 

I will NOT be using EBAY  again... This is the second time I've had problems returning an item to the US. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply