EBay Final Value Fee on Shipping

Hi everyone,

I hope someone will  be  able to answer me why EBay charge Sellers two times for sold Item.I`m not able to get any answer from them , there is only Phone No.  which I cannot rich even 24h .

In my Invoice I have to pay twice for every sold item .

Once for Final sale

SECOND FINAL VALUE FEE ON SHIPPING  - WHAT IS THAT MEAN

Also about listed Fees they Increase rates for 50c on any listing price .

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

This was announced in March 2011, and came into use over the summer.

The reason given was that some sellers were avoiding Final Value Fees by selling at a penny and charging $100 (or something similar) for shipping. EBay hates fee avoidance.

So now sellers are charged 9% on shipping.

You can avoid this by using Free Shipping (which basically means putting your S&H into your asking price).This also gives you Five Stars in your DSRs for shipping cost.

But this is not always feasible.

You should also know that your US and International shipping FVF will be calculated on the LOWER of your first mentioned Domestic S&H OR the actual S&H for your buyer.

(That is, if you offer Free Shipping within Canada, you pay no FVF on shipping fees to Australia or the States. But if you charge $12 for shipping within Canada -not an unusual value- but only $5 to the States- again not unusual- you would be charged on the $5 "only".

Go to the Discussion Boards and read the Fall Update and the many many posts about this new fee.

This is  the most ridiculous thing I've heard. They couldn't figure out how to program their system to identify shipping scammers, so they decide to scam the ENTIRE seller's market by charging a FEE, as if shipping was profit centre?  SCAM SCAM SCAM.

You know how much money this must earn them?

Ask a Question