Ebay.ca is presently telling all potential international buyers that I will not ship to them.

I am a long time top rated seller.

I received an email from an American in North Carolina (we ship to all US addresses, including his), that my ebay auction, has a message on it that I will not ship to his address.

Upon investigation, all my Good Till Cancelled and Auction listings, only give a shipping price to Canadian addresses.   Everywhere on the planet is blank, and I assume those potential buyers are also being told I will not ship to them.

I had a similar experience with a batch of 10 auctions about a month ago.   Ebay assured me the problem would be fixed by the end of the auctions  - it wasn't.   I got much lower final auction prices as a result

I then started another batch of 10 day auctions.    This time at least one of them was affected.   I discovered the affected auction because a potential US bidder wrote to me asking if he could get me to ship to him!    He wrote to me in the last 24 hours, so I was unable to cancel the auction.   I started the auction at $9.99 and it was still at that price, even though it was a camera that should get lots of interest, and sell for about $80.   I phoned ebay, and they acknowledged the problem, but they refused to end the auction.   The item ended for just $15.50 - no doubt because ebay had sabotaged the auction by telling all potential international bidders that I would not ship to them.    Ebay did tell me this problem would be fixed within a day or two.

I then started another batch of 10 day auctions.    When I started them, they seemed to be working.    But now its even worse.    All my listings are only giving shipping rates to Canadain addresses, and as far as I can tell, all potential international bidders are being told by ebay in bold Red Letters, that I will not ship to them.

Luckily I have enough time to cancel my auctions, which I will do in the morning after talking with ebay.

Hopefully the solution will be to relist on ebay.com 

If you have auctions currently in ebay.ca, I encourage you to look and see if anyone outside of Canada is receiving a shipping rate, and/or if they are being told you will not ship to them.

Message 1 of 172
latest reply
171 REPLIES 171

Ebay.ca is presently telling all potential international buyers that I will not ship to them.

This may be part of an ongoing glitch of which ebay is aware. My listings say I haven't specified a shipping cost but an inch lower you can see that I have and it doesn't affect checkout. Try tyler@ebay.com at the Weekly Board Hour thread, it's open right now. 

Message 2 of 172
latest reply

Correction: as of this morning, my own listings no longer show 'shipping not specified' but also show no shipping costs outside Canada. However, I just received payment from a buyer in the USA so it cannot be affecting checkout.

Message 3 of 172
latest reply

Correction to the correction: only some of my listings are affected. some show everything as it should, others are missing even the Rates button.

Message 4 of 172
latest reply

Some of my recent Auction listings, show shipping worldwide, however shipping appears to calculate for Canada, and International but not for USA. Frustrating. Before today the calculations worked for everything.
Message 5 of 172
latest reply

Update, I just received a request on one of my affected auction items for a quote for shipping to the USA, the customer states its "the first time he has seen something offered without a cost to ship".
Message 6 of 172
latest reply

Another update, according to ebay phone support, they are aware of this issue as of January 28th, they are working on a solution, no ETA yet. for me it affects shipping calculation to the USA, not Canada and not International locations.
Message 7 of 172
latest reply

All our listings on eBay.ca with CALCULATED SHIPPING are affected.
Calculated shipping quote area is totally missing.
"Get Rates" button is missing.
If we look at the auctions on eBay.com everything appears to be okay.
Message 8 of 172
latest reply

When I looked yesterday, I saw the Get Rates button was missing on only some of my listings. Now I'm scared to check again.

Message 9 of 172
latest reply

There are a variety of glitch results exposed as part of this problem. Three listings picked at random. My next experiment will determine whether this affects Add to Cart. I will pretend to be a buyer.

Button, no costBig red error message but cost shownNo button, no cost

Message 10 of 172
latest reply

Logged into ebay.ca as a buyer registered to Uk and it's fine.

Cost under the priceCost shown under the Shipping Tab

Message 11 of 172
latest reply

Leaving again. Will log into ebay.ca as a buyer registered ebay USA.

Message 12 of 172
latest reply

Oh my gosh, I expected this to get better, not worse.

Here I am, pretending to be an American-registered buyer logged into ebay.ca and shipping to my USA-based address.

No cost shown for postage under the priceNo Get Rates button for me as an America buyerNo big deal, I can still Add to Cart and checkout but... what the heck is that postage cost saying? That's not the correct amount, it's like double what it should showBack to ebay.ca as me, myself the seller, checking the listing and there's nothing wrong here the size dimensions and weight are correctThis is the actual cost of postage to the USA for that size package, and my shown cost should actually be lower by about $2 since I subsidize all my shipping to the USA based on offering a lower-than counter rate in my  shipping preferences

Message 13 of 172
latest reply

Tyler, please help. Here are some concrete examples of how much more messed up it is than I originally thought. It's not even messed up in any way that makes sense to me.  Just when I thought that Add to Cart could be used to workaround the lack of a Get Rates or postage cost being shown on the item listing, the postage rate displayed in the shopping cart is all wrong. I don't know what would happen if a buyer tried to pay, I stopped short of that. 

tyler@ebay

Message 14 of 172
latest reply

This doesn't make a hot lick of sense to me. 

Here is that same listing, as an American-registered buyer shipping to a USA-based address viewing the same item on ebay.com instead of ebay.ca. Still no cost shown in either place on the Item page but when I Add to Cart, it at least gives me the proper postage cost. How does this follow any kind of logic? 

No postage cost under priceNo Get Rate button or postage shown under the Shipping tabCorrect postage cost shown in the Cart

Message 15 of 172
latest reply

My best theory as to the cause of this:

'It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times'

Tech support: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no_elVGGgW8

Message 16 of 172
latest reply

I still see this affecting buyers in international locations with the exception of UK.

For sellers like me with BINs, it is a problem only so far as killing sales full-stop.

If I were running Auctions, however, I'd be feeling a much greater amount of anxiety as you know those items are going to sell regardless of whether one person bids and the other nine bidders are scared away by the no-postage cost glitch. That's a deal-breaker at auction time. You have my sympathies.

If it were me, I might even end Auctions until this problem is properly fixed and move them to BIN temporarily. It's better in my mind to not sell something for merely ten per cent of its value; I'd prefer to hold my stock and get a fair price later. But that's just me. 

Message 17 of 172
latest reply

All my listings are still showing no shipping to the USA, I have made only a few sales this week to the USA, I have had a few questions about postage. It does appear to calculate the postage properly upon check out.

I have taken your advice and ended 5 of my auctions as they appear to not be getting any bids, likely due to this glitch. Unfortunately one has a bid and I could not end it. I might edit to the body of that listing to advise folks that I do indeed ship to the USA.

This is very disappointing, and there should be some kind of announcement from eBay.ca on this but no. perhaps the maintenance planned for this week will fix it.
Message 18 of 172
latest reply

Before an auction with a bid can be ended, the bid must be cancelled. But I don't think bids can be canceled with less than 24 hours to go, however, I might be wrong there. I don't run Auctions much anymore. Before you cancel that action, if you choose to do so, I'd contact the bidder and let them know there is a glitch with shipping rates at present and you're very sorry to be postponing the auction until it's fixed, and that you'll let them know when the item is relisted. Then do contact them when it's up and running again. 

Message 19 of 172
latest reply

That's not all that's wrong. Why is it showing Tracked Packet International to a Canadian postal code?That's not all that's wrong. Why is it showing Tracked Packet International to a Canadian postal code?

Message 20 of 172
latest reply