Invoices with shipping and taxes are incorrect

This problem is related to Canadian site users only.

Invoices for transactions that include taxes are incorrect. Line items for subtotal + shipping + taxes does not equal TOTAL.  Furthermore, the transaction "record" total does not match the invoice total either.  Since I send the invoice to my buyer, I would prefer the values to add together correctly.  

Here's a hint: The error is caused by missing the shipping tax portion.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Shipping tax?

When we buy postage we pay a fuel surcharge and GST on the postage.

That goes to Canada Post who send it to Revenue Canada.

But our buyer sees only the total, those charges are not spelled out (and neither are our discounts on shipping labels.)

Or do you mean the GST on shipping FVF, which is now being collected by eBay from the seller's received payments?

That is between eBay and the seller and has nothing to do with the customer's invoice.

Which doesn't show any of our fees to eBay or Paypal, because our costs are none of the customer's business.

Or are you registered to collect sales taxes and eBay is calculating the Goods and SERVICES portion of HST incorrectly?

That should be drawn to the attention of our pinks like tyler@ebay

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes, I collect HST for my sales and shipping fees. The invoice total is correct, but the line items do not add up. Here is a real-life example: .
Subtotal 9.99 + Shipping $1.85 + Tax $.50 = Total $12.43
If you add these numbers, you get $12.34, not $12.43
There is a bug in the invoicing software which is recent. The sales record shows $12.34 as well.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Ebay Invoice.gifExample of an invoice showing math error

Message 4 of 4
latest reply