Item Location???

If I select "Canada Only", why then am I getting listings from China?

If they are not available in Canada, then ebay should say so and I'll pick North America next.

The last thing I want to do is order anything from China. I do not have decades of time to wait for it to arrive.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Item Location???

If you select Canada Only as the filter, search results are not supposed to show you anything but items located in Canada.... unless there are none at which point the search results are usually prefaced by saying something like, “0 available results now include worldwide” or something like that. Is this not what you’re seeing?
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Item Location???

You can also check off  "Distance: nearest first"  as your Sort by selection.

In the old days it was easy -- you could select listings in Canadian $ to narrow the choices -- but that choice disappeared 5 or 6 years ago when eBay started giving fake approximate currency conversions for listings.

-..-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Item Location???

Unfortunately the Search is based on the information given by the sellers.

And some sellers, naively or purposefully, put their own location there instead of the location of their stock.

A couple of clues that the item is not in Canada would be that the price is given in both loonies AND another currency. Usually the other currency is US dollars which means the seller  listed on dotCOM* rather than dotCA.

The second clue would be a loooooong shipping period. Most domestic shipments take two weeks or less. Shipping from the USA is about the same, maybe three weeks if the seller is using GSP.**

And Free Shipping with a long delivery period is another dead giveaway, especially on surprisingly low priced goods.

BTW, I notice a lot of Asian manufacturers supply Descriptions to their dropshippers which is written with a definite 'accent'. If you pick up on that, there's another clue.

All of which is very very annoying.

*But many Canadian sellers also list on dotCOM, I do myself, and ship from Canada.

** But if the item is custom made or if the seller is in an isolated location, she is allowed to have a longer 'handling' period, which also extends the delivery period.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply