My messages to buyers are showing up in HTML. Both on site and mobile app

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone. For the last couple of weeks or so, any messages I send in response to questions from buyers are showing up in html. I have looked everywhere and can't find a place to correct this. I honestly don't know if they show up to the buyers like that or not but it's very bothersome to not be able to communicate properly. I have no idea how to fix this, it happens on the mobile app too, the eBay mobile app that is. I use Firefox on the pc, and I have an iPhone 6. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope I am not breaking any rules resurrecting this thread but the same problem popped up today. My first two messages to a buyer were fine then off it went to code, what I assume is HTML. I don't understand why this keeps happening or how to fix it. I have checked every setting I can think of. Question: where it says, HTML or Text only, under communication preferences, where should that be set? I had it on Text only but is that correct? This is driving me nuts. Help please?

Oh, wait. You're saying this happens with your desktop and your mobile device. Is all your software completely up to date? Have you tried clearing your brows(s) history and cache? 

Is this with the ebay iPhone app, or the mobile version of ebay? Do you experience this problem as well on your desktop?

Ask a Question