Positive Feedback received today, count unchanged

Has anyone else noticed any oddities with Feedback Received today?

I ask because I received one Positive Feedback from a buyer today, but my count remains unchanged at 1313. Which would be on par for a neutral but this was positive. Also, I noticed it's new feedback because I get actual feedback so irregularly, I like to light a little sparkler and wave it about my head while sitting at my desk.

The monthly count also does not acknowledge it. Unless it went down to 13 in the past six hours and then up again to 14 which is possible but a little unlikely. 

?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I solved my own mystery.

The reason my feedback count did not increase from 1313 by one when new feedback was received today is because the buyer who left me feedback today did so as a straggler from a combined order for which she already left feedback for the other three items she bought. 

I grabbed a screenshot from the ebay iPhone app which still says for reasons unknown the exact date feedback was left for the seller (whereas the desktop has not for years now) and as I was obscuring the buyer IDs to preserve confidentiality, I noticed that she had already left feedback for me for three of four items in the combined order I sent to her, this was the last item for which feedback had not been left and it was left several days later for reasons unknown. 

So! Not a glitch. No conspiracy, nothing untoward foreshadowed. Just me misreading the situation. This might be the first time ever I have to mark my own Post Solved with my own Solution, it feels icky. 

It's the same buyer who already left me feedback earlier, back to complete the task for all the items in the order. No biggieIt's the same buyer who already left me feedback earlier, back to complete the task for all the items in the order. No biggie

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

New feedback but all the counts are unchangedNew feedback but all the counts are unchanged

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It's appearing that leaving feedback has gone the way of the Dodo bird. Believe the last feedback I received from a buyer was 3 Tuesdays ago. Around 10:36 am. Hey, it happens so rarely. Most buyers can't be bothered. From seller's it seems to be 50/50 and they may be set up to auto-send. Emailing a customer after an item has arrived lately just a quick check usually doesn't get a response. Sadly we only hear when something goes wrong or where is it. Considering hooking up my feedback icon to a beer goal light to add to the excitement of receiving one. Maybe it will be a new feature for the Summer Updates.

-CM

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"Considering hooking up my feedback icon to a beer goal light to add to the excitement of receiving one. Maybe it will be a new feature for the Summer Update "

Haha... those lights are fun, great idea. Wish the Leafs could have lit it up a little more often like the Jets have done.

As for the FB count issue I have no comment... haven't received any this week.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I solved my own mystery.

The reason my feedback count did not increase from 1313 by one when new feedback was received today is because the buyer who left me feedback today did so as a straggler from a combined order for which she already left feedback for the other three items she bought. 

I grabbed a screenshot from the ebay iPhone app which still says for reasons unknown the exact date feedback was left for the seller (whereas the desktop has not for years now) and as I was obscuring the buyer IDs to preserve confidentiality, I noticed that she had already left feedback for me for three of four items in the combined order I sent to her, this was the last item for which feedback had not been left and it was left several days later for reasons unknown. 

So! Not a glitch. No conspiracy, nothing untoward foreshadowed. Just me misreading the situation. This might be the first time ever I have to mark my own Post Solved with my own Solution, it feels icky. 

It's the same buyer who already left me feedback earlier, back to complete the task for all the items in the order. No biggieIt's the same buyer who already left me feedback earlier, back to complete the task for all the items in the order. No biggie

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Given that the buyer's feedback comments were exactly the same for all feedback received, I probably should have clued into this possible factor a lot sooner. You live and learn. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have another beef with feedback lately.  Have noticed that long time sellers are not bothering to leave feedback even after being left feedback by a buyer.  I can totally understand that a lot of buyers don't bother to leave feedback but that shouldn't be the case with established sellers. It is only common curtesy to reciprocate feedback once left by buyers. Stores even send out thank you notes to get customers back. I have always left feedback as a seller once I have received it.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply