Still unable to list clothing, size option greyed out

On October 16, i posted this on another discussion board:

"Yesterday i tried listing a pair of athletic shorts.  I created my listing, selected "regular" and when i attempted to click the pulldown menu for size (which has an asterisk beside it so it's not optional) it was greyed out and i could not enter a value.  As such, when i tried listing without, i got the "oops you forgot something" error.  No..i didn't forget it, ebay won't let me select it.  I tried everything i could think of including changing the category and nothing worked.  I ended the listing, tried again today and same thing happened.  I did a few "test" clothing items in different categories and all had the same issue.  I'd rather not phone ebay because i only have 50 long distance minutes a month on my phone and really don't want to waste all 50 being on hold with them".

Someone from ebay commented that they were aware of the issue and they were working on it.  How can anyone be listing anything in a clothing category if there is no way to select "size" from the pull-down menu?  The only way i would be able to list a pair of running shorts is if i select "sporting goods, other" which is a complete waste of time.

It appears to me anyway that ebay doesn't care much about seller's ability to list, only a seller's ability to pay their fees.  If the site issue involved the seller's ability to pay invoice fees, the glitch would be priority one.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Not something I usually list but I tried anyway, as Athletic Shorts and Men's.

Nothing unusual until I got to Item Specifics.

When I clicked on Size Type, a menu opened with "-", "Regular", and "Big and Tall".

At that point the size was greyed.

When I chose 'Regular' the size un-greyed (not a word, I know) and a drop down allowed the choice of sizes from XS to 3XL.I also tried Big and Tall and got a different dropdown.

BUT

If I chose "-" the Size menu stayed grey.

Does that match your experience?

Are you choosing between Regular and B&T?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

just tried again a minute ago and it does not work.  If i choose "big and Tall" or "regular" the size option is still greyed out and i cannot proceed to list.

I've reached the point where i'm listing some of my items on Facebook groups, Varagesale and kijiji for a few bucks less and making more on them than i would on ebay because i don't have to pay ebay or paypal.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

because i don't have to pay ebay or paypal.

Seems sensible.

How are you avoiding the PP fees? Inquiring minds want to know?

You might also try asking this question at the Wednesday chat with eBay staff (tyler@ebay.com). He usually opens the questions on Tuesday.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If i list an item on a local kijiji group  or local facebook group, someone comes to my house to pick it up and pays me cash.  For that reason, paypal doesn't get any money from me.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply