The page isn’t redirecting properly

I get "The page isn’t redirecting properly" when I click on a link in Firefox 54. 0.1

This is a new development as of today 09/08/2017

I prefer to use Firefox for online shopping because that it has my security software in place. 

The only thing that I have updated is my Trusteer console.  I tried taking ebay off of the protected items list and still got the error. 

I haven't changed my Firefox settings and I have used the ebay website many times since the last update  ...even earlier this week!

The only thing that does work, is to switch to private browsing mode which negates all my cookies.

Hopefully this is a temporary thing.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I just wanted to add that this is only happening to ebay.ca, not to ebay.com Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I  am getting the same message. When it happened last week I called Customer service and was told to clear the cookies (did not work) Second phone call was told to change browers (did not work) I also am using Firefox, I tried logging out then logging back in (did not work). I ended up changing my password(worked) until this evening. I really do not want to keep changing my password, hopefully this will be resolved.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@missytrouble13 wrote:

I get "The page isn’t redirecting properly" when I click on a link in Firefox 54. 0.1

This is a new development as of today 09/08/2017

I prefer to use Firefox for online shopping because that it has my security software in place. 

The only thing that I have updated is my Trusteer console.  I tried taking ebay off of the protected items list and still got the error. 

I haven't changed my Firefox settings and I have used the ebay website many times since the last update  ...even earlier this week!

The only thing that does work, is to switch to private browsing mode which negates all my cookies.

Hopefully this is a temporary thing.

Hi @missytrouble13 (and everyone else) - thanks for posting about this, and for including the screenshot. I've reported this as a potential technical issue and will update the thread when I have more information. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Same with me, I use google chrome and it always says page error and redirecting to many times. It's been like this for about 2 weeks now. I prefer using ebay.ca as i'm canadian. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

No wonder our sale are down so drastically...

It is not an individual browser problem...EBAY..check the integrity of your server.

Tech team get to work!!!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone, just wanted to give you an update, and a request for help:

The tech team has responded and needs more information. As I'm not able to recreate the redirect error you're encountering, I'm asking you for more screenshots of the error. Specifically:

The exact steps you took to get there, and a screenshot including the complete URL when it happens.

The more examples I can provide them the more likely it is that we get more information on how to resolve this issue for you.

@missytrouble13, @zank60@smokylily@peskydeadpool07@patphotog

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

This happens to any link on ebay.ca

I am using Firefox 54.  Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks for looking in to this.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

It has been nearly a month and the problem still persists.  I did an up date on Firefox today from 54 to 55.  Still not able to access item links on eBay.ca.  I have no such issues on eBay.com or eBay.UK.  I really wish someone would address this, it is very frustrating!  Man Sad

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I'm using FF 55 as well and haven't had any problems on .ca. Have you tried clearing your history and cache?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Yes.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Success!!!  I don't know what you guys did but I checked tonight and it's FIXED!!!  Thank you to whom ever the techie was that solved the problem!!!  Man LOL

Message 13 of 13
latest reply