When I answer a question it keeps showing I haven't answered question.

Having lots of problems with my site, 

1.  When I answer a question it keeps showing I haven't answered question

2.  Getting requests for shipping, when shipping calculator is there.

3.  Message from Ebay there are technical difficulties with my store.

Very frustrating, please help. M.Smith 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I'll answer number 2 first.

Please try this. Click on view listings, sort your view as price plus shipping lowest and then change the location to the United States. You can use the zip 90210. You may have to refresh your page so that the shipping cost to the US is showing on each listing. If you scroll down you'll see that a dozen or so of your listings do not have a US shipping cost. If you are using expedited parcel USA you may have entered dimensions that are too small for that particular service.  The dimensions needed for expedited USA are different than the ones needed for Canada regular or expedited parcel. The calculator won't work if the just one of the dimensions is incorrect.

Please note that if you enter the wrong dimensions on the Canada Post parcel calculator site, it will NOT warn you that the dimensions are wrong so although you may get a price on the CP site, that doesn't mean the dimensions are correct.

The minimum dimensions for expedited parcels within Canada are 10cm x 7cm x 1 mm  

The minimum dimensions for USA expedited parcel are 21 x 14 x 0.5 CM

Tracked packet USA and small packet USA allow smaller packages -140 mm x 90 mm x 1 mm  Maximum 1 kg

If you are using expedited parcel USA for all of those items, you might want to change some of the items to tracked packed US if the packages are under 1 kg. TP can be less expensive.

If  this isn't the problem, please let us know and give us the dimensions and the service being used for one of the items that is not showing a US shipping cost.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

1.  When I answer a question it keeps showing I haven't answered question

I'm not sure where are you seeing that as there are a couple of places where I've seen that but if the buyer has replied to your answer, even to say thank you, the system thinks that there is another question. I generally don't worry about it but there probably is a way of removing that message...I just can't remember how right now.

This is a member to member board so we don't know what ebay has told you. What sort of technical problems are they referring to?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I just noticed that your international buyers are not seeing shipping costs for the majority of your items. You can see what I mean by entering the UK or another country as your location. For those listings you might not have specified a service at all or you have used the same service for the US and worldwide.  In order to use calculated shipping for countries other than Canada and the US, you have to use the services that are specified as being international. 

Another common problem for shipping costs not showing that is that the wrong service is being used as not all countries have the same services available to them. For example, only some countries have tracked packet and only some countries have xpresspost. Since the UK has both of those services though and since I only see UK shipping costs for about 20 of your listings, I don't think that is the main problem here.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have the exact same problems... for all 3.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

This is a member to member board so we don't know what ebay has told you. What sort of technical problems are they referring to?

I can't answer for the OP, but as for me, eBay says the newsletter was not sent as it was supposed to. On 2 occasions in one week, I received this message from eBay.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

There were problems with the newsletter function but some sellers on .com mentioned that they received a letter saying that it had been fixed.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply