Why does eBay consider the time an item is listed as the start time, even if that item is held up by indexing for 24 hours

lorimr3
Community Member

If a seller posts an item, and that item can be held up by indexing for up to 24 hours, eBay should credit the indexing time to the seller. i.e. I list an item for 7 days at 4:00pm on Tuesday, it is held up by indexing until 3:00pm on Wednesday, before it shows up in my store or in search results. eBay still considers the start time as Tuesday at 4:oopm, even though no one could see the listing until 23 hours later. Meanwhile, I have lost 23 hours of exposure and possible sales, and my 7 day listing is actually a 6 day listing. That is not fair to me as a seller. When I list items, I plan for them to start and end at certain times, on certain days. If they are delayed because of indexing, I lose sales.Not to mention the shortened listing time. Has anyone else had problems with this and what is eBay doing to fix the issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Good luck with that one. Ebay will tell you that listing take 2-6 hrs to index. Can be minutes to 24 hrs. Long delay time can be associated with problem listings ie designer items or overload , slower on weekends. Site maintenance can interfere from time to time.

Only way to have a full time visible is with scheduled listings ie..scheduled 24 hours in advance.

"Your item has been successfully listed on eBay. It may take some time for the item to appear on eBay search results"

Ask a Question