Won't let me send measages

I am trying to speak with a possible buyer and I have been messaging back and forth with this person, now all of a sudden I can't send a message. It will say unable to send your message try again later. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it an eBay issue ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

he buyer is interested in stuff that I don't necessarily have on eBay. We're speaking back and forth about other items I have in my collection and seeing if he was interested in purchasing. We're at the point where they are interested in buying and we are negotiating a price. Do I just wait for eBay to sort out there issues ?

Sounds like the 'bots decided you were setting up an off-eBay sale.

You are actually lucky. Sellers have been shut down completely for that.

EBay is a jealous god.

Your best bet is to have him buy something, anything, from you, then use the PP email address to continue your new relationship.

Or you could upload the items you have already agreed are interesting, and set a Fixed Price at your price. Then he can make up to three Best Offers on a fully described item.

Remember in negotiating that you will be paying eBay and Paypal somewhere between 15% and 20% of the money he pays you.

Oh yeah.

Best Offers never include shipping. He can only negotiate on your asking price.

Basically, this is not a trading site or a social site. It's a buy/sell site and eBay is the landlord.

Rent's gotta be paid.

@trevoroger_80 wrote:
I am trying to speak with a possible buyer and I have been messaging back and forth with this person, now all of a sudden I can't send a message. It will say unable to send your message try again later. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it an eBay issue ?

If the "buyer" has bought from you before then you can use their paypal email (view sale transaction with the "see details on classic site" to see the email address on paypal).

If there is no prior sale ebay can get skittish if the ebay computer bots think you are arranging a non-ebay sale.

Probably an eBay issue.

EBay has a lot of legacy code and often glitches.

Glad to see you have so much interest in your first offerings.

May I offer a word of advice from a grouchy old lady? If your 'possible buyer' is asking a lot of questions, you may not be happy if he actually does win. In my experience (over 30 years in mail order) these high maintenance buyers are the ones who will continue to give you trouble and will in the long run lose you money.

Remember to ship with tracking.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Use Signature Confirmation. For a buck fifty, it's the best insurance you can get with sketchey types. And sadly, new sellers attract scammers especially on high value/high fraud items-- like games.

Don't ship overseas until you have at least 10 DSRs and know what DSRs mean.

Paypal will put a 21 day Hold on your customer's cleared payment. You can still use the money to buy a (discounted) shipping label.

Don't ship until you see the money in Paypal. Emails don't count.

Best wishes.

If you have more questions, other posters will be waking up soon.

Ask a Question