Wrong shipping info.

4386jim
Community Member

I am in Canada and use eBay.ca on firefox on a Mac. Although I live in Canada I ship my parcels to a US address (eBay charges way to much to ship to Canada). Recently I have noted that even though I have US selected in the shipping tab and I have a US address as my shipping address the main search page displays shipping prices to Canada. The only benefit of this is to demonstrate how outrageous eBay shipping to Canada actually is. How do I get the search page to display shipping to my shipping address.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Wrong shipping info.

Go to the item you are interested in.

Go to Shipping tab

Go to Change Country-> change to USA

Go to ZipCode-> change to your US zipcode.

Click on Get Rates.

For the rest of your session you should see the applicable US delivery charge.

The default will be to your registered address in Canada, so you will have to change that with every session.

That is, if you close eBay and re-open it later, you will have to make the change again.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Wrong shipping info.

Change your shipping location at the top of the search page as well as in the shipping tab. You can only see the shipping location at the top if your search order is set to 'price plus shipping lowest first or when using highest first.   If you default ship to address in your account information is the US one, it might help too....just guessing though.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Wrong shipping info.

As I stated, the shipping tab IS set to my US shipping address. On my search it shows the Canadian shipping. When I click on an item and display it it will show the shipping to the US. For some reason the search page, and only the search page, show Canadian shipping prices. This is also relatively new. A couple of weeks ago it was fine and I didn't change anything on my end.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Wrong shipping info.

It is, and has been, set to my US shipping address. All of my addresses are set to my US shipping address. When I select an item it will show the shipping to the US BUT on the search page it shows shipping to Canada. This is also relatively new. It was displaying US shipping a couple of weeks ago and I didn't change anything on my end.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Wrong shipping info.

Searching using eBay.COM or eBay.CA ??

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Wrong shipping info.

@4386jim wrote:
It is, and has been, set to my US shipping address. All of my addresses are set to my US shipping address. When I select an item it will show the shipping to the US BUT on the search page it shows shipping to Canada. This is also relatively new. It was displaying US shipping a couple of weeks ago and I didn't change anything on my end

So it is definitely set that the US witch a zip code on the top right of the search page as I described earlier? If it is, I don’t know what to suggest as that always works for me.  You could try  deleting cache and history and see if that helps.  At one time I could set it to the US address amend it would stay there but for me that changed a while ago.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Wrong shipping info.

eBay does not charge postage to Canada; Canada Post does.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply