Abusive feedback. Very upsetting.

I was looking thru a Sellers feedback and read this ..."Dumbass Canadian can't even understand english but wants to sell something in the USA". .. Wow. I've seen some really harsh feedback over the last few years, is this the New eBay platform?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Abusive feedback. Very upsetting.

@ace_4420 wrote:

I was looking thru a Sellers feedback and read this ..."Dumbass Canadian can't even understand english but wants to sell something in the USA". .. Wow. I've seen some really harsh feedback over the last few years, is this the New eBay platform?

I've really had no problems myself. I got a neutral in one store a few weeks ago because the DVD the person bought wasn't one of his favourites (he liked other parts of the series better). I got one neutral as well because the person bought the item and had it shipped to a friend, so they didn't see it themselves and didn't want to comment on it (but still felt they should leave a neutral instead of no feedback at all apparently). I ended up not trying to remove them because it was clear to anyone who read them that there wasn't an issue with the sales or products.

Abusive behaviour like you listed should be removed immediately by eBay if asked. It's a good reminder to periodically check your feedback.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

No. There are rude idiots today just as there have been for centuries.

But this is why experienced sellers tell newbies not to Respond to feedback and not to leave "false positives" like the one you found.

Because like you, other potential buyers saw that comment and backbuttoned the hellosailor out of there.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I sold an item last fall that attracted a serial feedback abuser. That customer bless his heart ranted about everything under the sun, some of which was factual and described in detail in the condition statement. He also managed to work in a disparaging remark directed towards Canadian sellers. Oh, and 10 day letterpost delivery from Ontario to California was shoddy service.

All of this nastiness over a $3 CAD postcard.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The lower the price, the more difficult the customer.

Although to be fair, there are sellers who lose their schistocytosis over the first failed transaction in over a decade of selling, no matter what the value.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

"lose their schistocytosis"

"backbuttoned the hellosailor out of there"

Thank you for both. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

That schisto ... comment sent me scurrying for the dictionary. I'm not a medical professional but it sounds like a condition sellers would want to "lose".
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Wow! I worked in a protective environment unit for 9years. Everything, including the room and it's contents were sterile. The food was prepared so it was sterile. Our patients were hit with high dose chemo and TBI (total body irradiation) and some, bone marrow transplants. We were treating haematological diseases, leukemias, aplastic anemia, etc. I never came across the term schisocytosis so I had to look it up. We did not treat the disease hallmarked by this. You learn something new every day on eBay community forum. Thank You!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

We all got a little sidetracked from @chriluh0  original post, and I hope they have been able to get relief from their problem with nasty feedback.

That wasn't even the non-rude word I was trying to replace a more vulgar term with, but it's what Mr. Google gave me. Nasty stuff eh?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

supeunde-0
Community Member

I have received an abusive email about my listing. What is the Email address at eBay that I can forward the email to so they can investigate? Thanks.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

This is in eBay messages?  Clicks on the message and near the top of the screen click on Action / report message.  You can also block the buyer there from sembding more messages or buying any of your items.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Canadians can't understand english?  I am not sure if dumbass is really a word, but at least the american didn't axe about yo mama or try to splain that barbecue is a three letter word.  Have a great day, don't fret about the small things that try to bring us down.  Oh Canada forever.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

God Bless Canada!

and a song by Lee Greenwood "God Bless You Canada"

shall keep our pride strong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf3e9Cl1-Bs

Message 13 of 13
latest reply