Are These Postage Stamps or Stickers

I often have trouble with Canadian stamps and can't tell if they're stamps or stickers.

Could someone here help me with these?  (please)

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Are These Postage Stamps or Stickers

@sylviebee wrote:

Please don't laugh at me, but I'm not sure if these are stamps or stickers.  Help.

Stickers.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

they are stamps issued in 1992 from the Canadian Minerals Set of 5 stamps.

Unitrade or Scott catalog numbers for the set 1436 - 1440

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Really???

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@maximus7001 wrote:

Really???

Yes, really. Smiley Mad

I have a box to sort through and a lot of the stickers look exactly like postage stamps.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Two of them almost makes enough for a current day letter, only need another 1c.

(One would be surprised how many people out there don't know or believe you can still use old stamps (that have never been used before)....
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

... Or think think that any old stamp has value to a collector.   Smiley Wink

Over the years when stamps were issued my mother often bought a few and stashed them away in a box.  She also added a few pretty stickers here and there and to a novice they all look like alike.

Canada makes very pretty stamps.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Most stamps (other than P and A ones) have a value on them and the word Canada.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

The P stamps are 'permanently' worth the current first letter rate . At the moment that is 85 cents.

If the rate rises, the value of the P stamp also rises.

The A stamps were published when the post office was not sure whether Parliament would allow them to raise the rates from 17 cents to 30 cents. They are worth 30 cents, but some postal outlet clerks will not accept them. Not worth arguing for 30 cents.

The Forts and Flag issues are really annoying. Without a denomination, it's hard to remember their original value, so I can't put them into the mint postage packets I sell. Too confusing to my customers.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Fortunately only a very few issues don't show a value at all. The staff at my local post office was not even aware of them until they returned a letter to me that had some on it.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Please don't laugh at me, but I'm not sure if these are stamps or stickers.  Help.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

Stickers.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

the difference between the stickers and the stamps is the stamps you showed have 42 written on them, that's the price.  

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

since I had issues with Montreal returning packages to me a couple of years ago that were ALL correct (and none used any odd stamps), I've been putting on the weight and amount circled on each envelope and  apparently they now know how to process the mail-or maybe finally learned how to count/use a calculator- and I use the forts and flags as regular P stamps for 85 cents.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply