CANADA POST SITTING ON MILLIONS OF PACKAGES FROM CHINA

I work for Canada Post and managment in Winnipeg's processing plant have been sitting on over 150 monos of packets (500 per mono) since before Christmas and they keep telling their staff that we make no money from deliving them so we just let them sit until we can find time (maybe summer) before local package volumes slow down. We have very little staff to process the packages and no overtime is offered. Even though managment and supervisory staff are at record staffing levels (record bonuses for only management $500,000,000 in 2016 alone). This is a disgrace and warrants a few heads to roll. Let your MP know and tell all your China sellers what is going on.
Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

109_2
Community Member
Before I read your post. I already felt somethings wrong. Almost half of my orders I didn't receive from China. I hope ebay Canada can do somethings for us.
Message 2 of 38
latest reply

ttoddh
Community Member

Too true. I had 5 packages during the week of Feb 13-18. Every one of those packages was mailed from China with their posting date of October 26, 2016. That was 3 months and 3 weeks for all 5 of those packages! No excuse from Canada Post. No explanation. That is almost 4 months for these packages. 

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

I'm in Winnipeg and I ordered a package from China at the end of December that came right on time. What sort of packages are being delayed?

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is unfair to those sellers when the buyers open the claim for "I never receive my item" and they had to refund to the buyers all just because of Canada Post's insane ideal to hold them as hostages or what???   Those people at Canada Post should be fired!!  No compensations for them!!

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

It is managements fault. Employees constantly question why any customers mail should be delayed.
Message 6 of 38
latest reply

When you receive a package from China and it only takes 2 to 3 weeks (which it should) some how it got mixed in with local mail and was delivered on time as it should be.
Message 7 of 38
latest reply

I think I lost one more package from China. Is there any way I can check with Canada post office?
Message 8 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, why don't you contact the media about it?  The public needs to know about it.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

I bought a piece of $30 USD costume jewelry (free shipping) from designer website which lead me to believe it would be sourced within North America. 

Instead, it came from China. Had I known, I would have taken a hard pass. Regardless..... 

While the dispatch time was painfully delayed at three weeks from payment, the time in transit was not. It was sent via Tracked Packet and I had it within 14 calendar days. I suggest you ask your Chinese sellers to send to you with a tracked service and your problems with waiting will disappear. 

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

To tonmar, I would appreciate your response as if you would contact media about? Thanks.

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

If I was an employee of Canada Post and I wanted to blow the whistle on metric tonnes of undelivered mail, I would not contact the media. Reporters require actual contact details and interviews with people. It would probably get the OP into big trouble. Coming here is as public a complaint as it gets. 

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless this guy is full of it and it is a fake news.  He should response but so far nothing.

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very simple just take photos and send them to the media, they will sit up and will contact Canada Post to clarify with those proofs of the photos.

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

True but I'd think for the safety and security of one's own employment, this would have to be done anonymously. It's difficult for anonymous tipsters to be taken seriously. I speak from experience in a newsroom. 

Message 15 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why doesn't he/she show the photos here??!!

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Again why doesn't he show the photos?  We need evidence before we can contact MLAs or MP.  We don't need to be fools when they find out it is not true.  We NEED photos shown here, otherwise we are sitting on our hands and cannot do anything.  Get it??

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

I am on the same boat. I was suspicious that the Canadian post workers might steal my items until I read this post. This is getting ridiculous, about half of my purchases don't show up well past their expected delivery date. I talked to the mail delivery guy, he told me there is a problem with stricter screening process on packages. This is crazy.

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

jaleel82
Community Member

I am having the same problem. I have ordered three items since December of 2016 and none of them ever got delivered to me in Calgary. I don't know who to blame, Ebay or Canada Post. I have almost lost $100 on these items which is not even something I should just let go. I need to know how to escalate it because Ebay somehow doesn't really want to help out. There is no way I could show my concern that I am not receiving any items from Ebay!!!

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

PayPall allows items not received cases to be opened up to 180 days from purchase. This is a Customs processing issue; they're looking for illegal and highly toxic drugs being exported by lettermail.

If anyone is to blame, it's the Chinese government for not cracking down on their drug smugglers sooner. Google Chinese fentanyl mail if you need more information.
Message 20 of 38
latest reply