How To Put Store On Vacation

I will be going away for a week. How do I put my store on vacation? Will I be able to add a message saying the dates I will be gone. Most of my listings are Buy It Now but I have a few auctions also. Do I need to end all the auction listings?  And am I able to do that in bulk? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Go to your eBay Summary page =>Manage Store => Vacation Settings. You can insert the dates you will be returning and your own message if you wish (ebay shows a sample message which you can edit). Auctions should be ended, you can do them in bulk on your eBay Active items page.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

When you set your store on vacation mode you can choose to "hide" your Buy It Now listings or keep your Buy It Now listings visible with a disclaimer on when you will be away.... 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Depending on how long you will be away, I would advise you to hide your listings completely because BUYERS DON'T READ.

You could come home to a Claim because a customer thought he bought and you didn't ship.

If they can't see it, they can't buy it.

And some sales are not worth having.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

For just one week, I would not hide my listings. If you still have access to Internet, if someone buys something, you can always send a polite message reminding them you are away. But it's just me. You can decide what is best for you 😉

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Make sure you reset your handling time to match the number of days your store will be closed. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply