International shipping on .com

Hi I sell in Canada on Ebay.com. I made a mistake this week when I sold an item to Singapore. I usually for international shipping I put flat rate and UPS to Canada I didn't realized that Singapore or anyone in the world can purchase my item. Most of my items are sold to US so no issues in the domestic area. Just wondering when listing what is best way to handle the international section. I wanted to change to calculated shipping so everyone outside US ask for shipping quote including Canada. It is asking me for dimension. Just wondering do I need to pull out all the items I listing and provide actual measurement or can I make a random number. I don't buy label directly from Ebay. Just trying to understand the quickest way to go through my current listings and future listings in handling the international section.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

International shipping on .com

Unless you are shipping from the US you can't use calculated shipping on .com. When I do list some items on .com I will figure out an estimate for shipping within Canada and set one flat rate just for here.  Then I set a  rate for international destinations based on the cost of shipping to Australia or the most expensive place that I ship to.   If you use 2 different services such as standard international for Canada and economy international for other places, the rates will show up separately on your listing.

If you want to ship just to Canada and the United States or want to block specific countries you can do that on your shipping preferences page by setting up an exclusion list which will block people with addresses  in specific countries from purchasing from you.  You can also block specific countries on your listing page.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply