Item got sent to the wrong location

I recently ordered a figurine, but I didn't receive it at the expected shipping date, after some digging i found out that it got sent to the wrong location in Alberta which is two provinces away from where I live (Ontario) does anyone know how to fix this? I already contacted the seller and waiting for a response 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If the seller put the wrong address on the package, it is up to the seller to send you a replacement or to refund you promptly and with apologies.

Go for the refund.

If tracking the parcel is why you think it went to Alberta, well, that can happen, but eventually someone will actually READ the label and correct the shipping.

Tracking is occasionally wonky. And tracking does not show where the parcel is, it shows where it has been.

If the parcel has been delayed, even though it was properly addressed, it is still the seller's responsibility. (Because he hired the shipper. The employer is responsible to the customer for the errors of the employee.)

And again, replacement or refund.

The seller then can try to chase down the errant parcel. Not your responsibility.

EBay gave you a last estimated date for delivery.

Has that date passed?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It has passed
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

While it is only polite to wait for the seller's response, don't let it drag on.

Really all you need from the seller is a tracking number (which apparently you already have) or a refund.

You have 30 days after the last estimated date for delivery to open a Dispute i the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I just got the package it got a new label and everything
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Good to hear.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

One other thing to take into consideration is there are always thousands of packages in the various postal and courier systems. Packages get miss-sorted all the time. It happens. It's not a perfect system. Equipment breaks down, weather issues, sudden large quantities of packages, weekends and holidays, customs  and human error all can affect the delivery time of your package. That's a lot of variables. The times delivery times displayed in eBay are approximations at best. (My opinion and sticking to it). I've had packages get to Eastern Canada overnight and others take 3 weeks. 6 Days for another shipment to Spain by tracked service. The luck of the draw. All I can say is if you are waiting for a package, just be patient. Unless you're expecting an emergency body organ? Then I would call repeatedly until its successfully delivered!!!

-CM

Message 7 of 7
latest reply