Need a Refund

Hi

I recently purchased a jacket off a well known reputable store on ebay and about two days later, the store became a "no longer registered user" on eBay. I contacted the store to see what will happen to my current order and they informed me they cannot ship the item to me since their account was suspended and that it would take a while to refund me since they were suspended. They told me to order off their online website instead. I want my money back asap to pay again for the jacket so I decided to open up a case, in which I was denied, paypal said they couldn't open a case for this transaction. I did ask my dad to use his paypal account and he temporarily assigned it for my account to complete the transaction and removed it after. This could possibly have a factor, so where can I proceed from here? And how long would the suspension take to end so the seller could refund me that way?

Sorry for wall of text.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Need a Refund

There is only one answer: file a claim with eBay for non-receipt TODAY.

Do not wait for the seller.

Start here: pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/resolving-problems.html

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Need a Refund

Did Paypal tell you why you couldn't open a claim?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Need a Refund

All right, I managed to open up a non-receipt claim, and am awaiting the refund. How long will it take for it to come in?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Need a Refund

And also, are "no longer registered users" allowed to give refunds during their suspension?
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Need a Refund

I'm not totally sure how that works. They probably don't have access to their account right now but I think that when you file a claim, they can then refund you if the money is in their account.   Even if they can't, Paypal. can still issue you the refund for the seller.

Was there a place for you to mention in the claim that the user was no longer registered? If not, I might wait a couple of days and then contact Paypal by phone so that they are aware of that. That might help you to receive the refund quicker.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Need a Refund

I did mention that the seller was suspended in the post, would that be good?

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Need a Refund

"are "no longer registered users" allowed to give refunds during their suspension?"

The refund is provided by PayPal.  It becomes their problem to collect the money from the seller.

Typically the refund should be received within two weeks from time you file the claim.

If not received after two weeks, call PayPal.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Need a Refund

Isnt it paypal's responsibility only when it elevates to a claim? For the time being doesnt the seller have to refund on their own?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Need a Refund

Update : The seller has said the following,
Hello

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience cause.
We want to help you to solve that problem, but we cannot do anything now in E-bay.

Our eBay account has been suspended, and we have no control whatsoever to change or cancel the order for you.

Please do tell the eBay that you want to cancel this order for we really cannot do much as of now.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused,

But paypal disputes have nothing to do with being able to access eBay am i correct?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Need a Refund

Correct...paypal won't refund until the case is escalated. Even if the seller's ebay account is suspended, they can still refund you through Paypal as long as they have access to their account. It isn't necessary to tell ebay that an order is being cancelled in order to give a refund. If I were you, I would accelerate as soon as possible. 

BTW, there was also no reason why they couldn't ship you the order even if they were suspended. I don't think the seller is being honest with you.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Need a Refund

Update : HelloAs you know, our ebay account has been suspended on eBay.Now we no longer hold any power over any action on eBayIf you wish for a refund, please contact the eBay for cancel transaction for we have no control over thisWe know that you are worried for the money you sent us, and understand how you feel. We do not wish to lie to people for small money. So please do not worry.If you wish, you could get it sent.But you need to close the dispute on PayPal(or ebay case) before shipping them out.If you wish to get your item, Please close the dispute (or case)If you wish to cancel, contact eBay for the transaction cancel with us

Now they're just straight up BSing me...saying they can ship now all of a sudden a paypal dispute is involved...completely contradicts what they're saying how they cant ship atm

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Need a Refund

"If you wish, you could get it sent.But you need to close the dispute on PayPal(or ebay case) before shipping them out"

My reply would be:  "Thank you very much for your message indicating you do have the item and it is available to ship immediately.  That is great news.  Please ship as soon as possible and advise date of shipment and tracking number if available.  The dispute/claim with eBay/PayPal will be closed immediately upon receipt of the item. Thank you once again."

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Need a Refund

Brilliant reply, thanks. Thought they'er probably going to throw that "I can't ship to you since my account is suspended" BS again
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Need a Refund

Final Update :

"We already told you it has to be the other way round. close dispute - than only we send the item- but since you don't want this, we will just refund, we no longer want to do anything with you" - Seller

This is such a disgusting way to function as a seller, they initially said they cant refund without me canceling the order (which is something that is not in my power), but boom when the dispute comes they can suddenly refund. And shipping an item only when a dispute is closed? Sounded extremely shady, doesn't sound assuring to the customer one bit especially since disputes cant be reopened. These guys just don't know the meaning of customer service and fully deserve the suspension on eBay. 

Anyway, thanks for all the help and just wanted to rant one last time.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Need a Refund

You did the right thing. Never, EVER, close a dispute without the item OR a refund.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply