Parcel stuck in Toronto?

I live in Victoria, BC, and often purchase from US sellers. I bought and paid for a clothing item on Nov. 6, 2021. The seller in Brandon, MS, is reliable and as usual, shipped via the Global Shipping Center in Erlanger, Kentucky. The item was sent to Canada and subsequently cleared Canada Customs on Nov. 17th, as well as acquiring a Global Tracking number (#UPAA..etc.).

No further updates have since appeared on eBay's Tracking Update "It's on the way" screen for the item.   

Another thread on this BB suggested checking a Pitney Bowes parcel tracker at https://parceltracking.pb.com/. The latest date there is also Nov. 17th. 

Although the parcel appears to be stuck in Canada Customs, the "Map" tab shows it arriving in Charlotteville, about as far from Victoria, BC as possible!

Today is Dec. 11, but I still prefer receiving the item to seeking a refund. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Parcel stuck in Toronto?

If GPS is shipping across Canada by surface, they will have a time getting across the mountains. Apparently only Highway 3 is open and it is being used by 3000 trucks a day. No private vehicles according to the Globe and Mail.

That being said, delivery is guaranteed by GSP and on time. The seller is no longer responsible.

Open a Not Received dispute from the original listing.

You want the automated system not a person (who has no authority unlike the robots).

Do state in the dispute that this is a GSP shipment.

GSP is pretty quick about refunding when they cannot prove delivery. They realize it's business not personal.

Once you have your refund, you could let the seller know of the problem and that shipping to Canada by USPS First Class International Package is tracked and swift. (USPS also goes up the West Coast for delivery to BC).

Good thing the ferries are running- except last night when we had all that wind.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Parcel stuck in Toronto?

Hey,

Did you ever receive the item? I'm having a similar issue. Something stuck in Toronto for almost 2 weeks after having cleared customs but I'm in Montreal.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Parcel stuck in Toronto?

Ontario is having the same weather as you are in Montreal, which impacts air, road, and rail shipping.

If the last estimated date for delivery has passed, you can open an Item Not Received Dispute.  Be sure to say this is a GSP shipment because they have good insurance, don't take disputes personally, and refund promptly. They also don't want the item back when the roads are clear and the delivery is completed.

Meanwhile a little ditty about snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvR6-SQzqO8

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Parcel stuck in Toronto?

Same issue here ... Pitney has a bad reputation for their deliveries and a lot theft from this company. I don't want a refund i want my purchase so it is always same issues for sellers and buyers Sellers lost money and product and buyers never received items we need to file for civil fraud because Pitney need to stop scammed people

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Parcel stuck in Toronto?

Any update i m in Montreal too 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply