Problem with seller

I recently won a cheap auction, the shipping was to be only $3. But when they sent the invoice, it was put in as $300.

I messages them and asked them to fix this and I would pay, but its been a few days and there is 0 reply AND the item is relisted.

Now im stuck with the grossly expensive, incorrect invoice sitting in my cart. And after asking them to cancel and remove the invoice, STILL no reply.

What should I do?
I can add screenshots if need be.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Problem with seller

You could ask an eBay employee later today in the Weekly Chat, for best options to deal with this problem seller.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/September-26th-2018-Weekly-Session/m-p/409777

The unpaid item will disappear after 60 days if nothing is done (by either buyer or seller).

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Problem with seller

More important, has the seller opened an Unpaid Item Dispute?

First, check the original listing.

Was shipping to Canada specified in the Shipping tab?

If not, the seller is allowed to put in any amount she feels fair. Even if it is as stupid high as $300.

If there is a UID, if you don't pay, you get a Strike, which will impair your ability to buy on eBay.

If you never got a Strike before, you can phone Customer Service and get a mulligan-- have it removed as a learning experience.

I'm probably being overdramatic.

If the seller just relisted (and she may have multiples, so that's no biggie) and is ignoring you, it's an irritation that will eventually go away with no harm.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Problem with seller

Yes, the shipping was specified $3
And so far no dispute, thankfully, but i am keeping an eye out.
I'm hoping this does just go away and i dont have to fight a dispute because of someone else's mistake and poor contact 😕
Message 4 of 4
latest reply