Rogue Advertisements

Simply wondering whether anyone is aware of the KOA ads which display so beautifully all over so many ebay pages?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Rogue Advertisements

Nope, I run an AdBlocker. It's glorious. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Rogue Advertisements

AdBlock tells me there are seven adverts on this page, but I see none of them.

Is KOA the campgrounds that are all over rural Ontario?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Rogue Advertisements

Yes, there's been an obvious problem on the site for quite some time now.

Installing a reputable adblocker certainly should solve the problem.

Personality, I don't mind seeing one or two legitimate ads here and there as long as they are unobtrusive. I recommend Chrome, it should solve your problem without instaling another extension.

The latest version of Google's Chrome browser actually contains a native adblocker which is quite good. If your operating system is capable of running the latest from Google perhaps give it a try.

Here's an article on how it all works

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/google/chromes-new-ad-blocker-settings-images-/.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Rogue Advertisements

Not sure about those, but I do get the occasional ads which actually takes me away from eBay. Thankfully it's not one of hose bad ones where they disable navigation and some woman starts telling you how you've done naughty things and should be punished. #thegoodplace.

Keep in mind this happens when I use another browser or machine, my regular machine has Chrome with uBlock Origin and Popper Blocker (funny it blocks a pop-up for PayPal purchases and forces eBay to redirect..hahahaha!!)

Message 5 of 5
latest reply