Samsung S4 S3 or Grand

rodm1975
Community Member

does any one know what phone is best to go with thanks and have up dates still or not since old phones thank you 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Samsung S4 S3 or Grand

I think 'best' will always be a matter of personal preference. Also, I know nothing about Samsung products so I'll wait for another member who dies to answer the rest of your question.

If you're shopping for a new phone, does that mean you've gotten your seller from previous posts to accept a Return of the other that was locked?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Samsung S4 S3 or Grand

marnotom!
Community Member
There are a number of great budget phones you can buy new that have comparable or better performance and specs than an old Samsung.

I've been really happy with the Motorola I purchased a few months ago.

But maybe you like five year old mobile phones?

Shop around, read review websites, and compare.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Samsung S4 S3 or Grand

A friend is quite happy with an LG. Its photo quality is astounding.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Samsung S4 S3 or Grand

I'm still using my 2013 BlackBerry Z30 which at the time of purchase was a top of the line device.... it's still in excellent condition and handles 2018 demands comfortably ... even the battery performance has held up extremely well. So, it is possible for a premium device to provide a long service life .

Other family members are still using iPhone 4s.

I might buy an old phone off a friend or family member for 20 - 50 but there's no way I'd buy one online. A new never opened cheapo model would be a better bet imo.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Samsung S4 S3 or Grand

Good points, @kawartha-ephemera.  

I'll add that in the case of an Android phone, updates to the OS are extremely important.  There's a considerable difference in performance and features between Android 4 (what you'll get with a Samsung S III) and the current Android Oreo (8.1).  You won't see any further upgrades to the OS on the Samsungs that the OP mentions.

Newer's not necessarily better, but seeing how my wife's struggling a bit with her older Android phone, I'd say you can't really lose with more recent technology when it comes to Android devices.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Samsung S4 S3 or Grand

I have an LG.... Love it!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Samsung S4 S3 or Grand

I'll add that in the case of an Android phone, updates to the OS are extremely important.  There's a considerable difference in performance and features between @
Android 4 (what you'll get with a Samsung S III) and the current Android Oreo (8.1).  You won't see any further upgrades to the OS on the Samsungs that the OP mentions.
Unquote
Just about all of the major apps now require better than Android 4.0 ... so the browser better be very good because that is the only way to access a lot of sites.

I've run into this for the last year or so on my bb z30 as the Android run-time is stuck on Android 4.0. Fortunately, the browser is very good so it's not that big of an issue.

I installed Google Play on this phone but it doesn't do me much good now... oh well, sure not going to drop a fortune on a new phone over a couple of apps.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply