Seller will not respond - Must cancel order- how do I proceed?

I purchased an item (intended for a baby shower gift) as part of a group using my credit card/paypal. The group quickly changed their minds and decided to find something else that will not involve import costs despite originally agreeing to the purchase.

I have messaged the seller several times with no response. And now Ebay is showing that the seller has marked the item as shipped. I am unable to pay for this item ...  I have informed the seller of this.

The Seller will not respond.

How do I proceed?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller will not respond - Must cancel order- how do I proceed?

"Ebay is showing that the seller has marked the item as shipped"

"using my credit card/paypal"

"I am unable to pay for this item .."

OK - you have made a purchase, you paid for it with PayPal funded by your credit card and the seller shipped.  That is the way it is supposed to work. You are responsible for this purchase, noone else.

Now you changed your mind (whatever your reason, it has nothing to do with the seller or the shipping company and they cannot be faulted for doing what they were paid to do) and no longer want the item.

You have a few choices:

- keep the item upon arrival

- resell the item upon arrival (on eBay or elsewhere)

- make arrangement with the seller to return the item.  However, keep in mind that the seller is under no obligation to accept your request and you are responsible for the cost of returning the item to the seller.  The "import charges" and incoming shipping charges cannot be refunded and you will have to absorb them.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply