Shipping Time from Australia to Canada?

Hi there. Does anyone here know how long roughly it is taking for items shipped from Australia to reach Canada? I ordered a book from an Australian seller here on eBay on April 15, and it was shipped the next day. I keep checking the tracker to see where it is, but it says "in transit", and it's been saying that since April 21. Its now May 28. I'm beginning to worry about the books arrival, because last year, I ordered a pendant from an eBay seller in China on June 5, 2019, and the pendant has never arrived. So, does anyone know how long it is taking for items from Australia to reach Canada? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Patricia/cherrypotion27

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What delivery time estimate does ebay give you for the purchase?

Open an item-not-received case after the last day given for arrival. eBay allows you 30 days to do that.  If it arrives after you got refunded, you can repay the seller via paypal.

Or you can use paypal's protection (180 days from time of purchase) for non-arrival.

The last info I've seen from Australia Post was indicating a delay of 4-6 weeks beyond normal times for Canada.  I believe AP may be sending their Canadian airmail via container ship due to a shortage of airplane transport.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

What delivery time estimate does ebay give you for the purchase?

Open an item-not-received case after the last day given for arrival. eBay allows you 30 days to do that.  If it arrives after you got refunded, you can repay the seller via paypal.

Or you can use paypal's protection (180 days from time of purchase) for non-arrival.

The last info I've seen from Australia Post was indicating a delay of 4-6 weeks beyond normal times for Canada.  I believe AP may be sending their Canadian airmail via container ship due to a shortage of airplane transport.

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

ebays estimate might as well be for shipments to space. Most of my estimated delivery sales are way off. Domestic being a month later... I can tell you the other way canada to Australia takes forever. Sits in customs for weeks
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@cherrypotion27 wrote:

Hi there. Does anyone here know how long roughly it is taking for items shipped from Australia to reach Canada? I ordered a book from an Australian seller here on eBay on April 15, and it was shipped the next day. I keep checking the tracker to see where it is, but it says "in transit", and it's been saying that since April 21. Its now May 28. I'm beginning to worry about the books arrival, because last year, I ordered a pendant from an eBay seller in China on June 5, 2019, and the pendant has never arrived. So, does anyone know how long it is taking for items from Australia to reach Canada? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Patricia/cherrypotion27

Hi Patricia

Australia is a real mystery. On April 14 I shipped a board game there from BC Canada. It was delivered on May 25 so it took a bit short of 6 weeks to get there. The shocking part was due to it's dimensions, it was shipped XPRESSPOST! The shipping was over $90. Still 6 weeks.  Lucky for me my customer was understanding due to the pandemic. Once it left Canada no tracking was updated.  As of today June 24 eBay tracking still says it's "In Transit".  I recommend checking tracking on Canada Post's site and not on eBay. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply