certificate confirmation

Everytime I go to my ebay pages, I get a pop-up box wanting me to authenticate a certificate from a website I don't know anything about. I cancel it each time, but it still comes up the next time. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

certificate confirmation

What's the website name?

It could be legit or it could be time to check your computer for hidden lurkers.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

certificate confirmation

Yes, like ypdc_dennis says, maybe a screenshot of it.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

certificate confirmation

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 7.50.17 PM.png

Here is the message I get.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

certificate confirmation

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 7.52.14 PM.png

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

certificate confirmation

Er. Are you running anti-virus software? Is your browser 100 per cent up to date? I'm not an expert but that looks hella sketchy to me.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

certificate confirmation

Hi there,

I am using Safari on an imac and this only happens on the ebay site. I will check for updates, but they are usually done after notifications are sent to me.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

certificate confirmation

I’m running Safari on an iMac too. I did a software update on the weekend. I’ve never seen this on eBay. Also, I block pop-ups in my Preferences and run an AdBock Program. Look into those things, I think you may have something funky going on.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

certificate confirmation

THank you for trying to figure this out. My block pop ups is on, but not sure what an Adblock Program is. This is only happening on the ebat site and on Safari. When I use ebay on Chrome it doesn't happen. Any clues?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

certificate confirmation

Yes, first go to the App Store and update Safari. Then look for their authorized copy of AdBlocker. Download and install. But do the upgrade first.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

certificate confirmation

It is some type of malware that is on your computer.  It’s common to see that type of thing on just 1 specific website.  I would try using Ccleaner and\or malwarebytes to remove it. If you just stop it from popping up it is still on your computer and it would be better to remove it.  There are instructions on how to remove it if you google it but if it were me I would try using a malware program first.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

certificate confirmation

AdBlock is what it says on the tin.

It blocks most ads on the sites you visit.

These Boards aren't too bad, but one humour site I visit fairly often can have 30 or 40 ads being blocked by the program.

AdBlock puts a little red stopsign icon up by your toolbar.

It's free.

And it can be adjusted if you don't mind having ads on a site you like, while blocking ads on most.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

certificate confirmation

My safari isoftware is up to date. When I try to download any of the adblock items, it says that I can't install this because my OS system (10.9.5) isn't recent enough. Also happens when I try to download malwarebytes. Is it dangerous to click on "continue" in the pop-up box instead of aways clicking "cancel"? Not sure what to do at this point. I may have to take the plunge and upgrade to a more recent OS system with all its quirks! Thanks for your help.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

certificate confirmation

Clicking 'continue' won't make the box disappear, it will only show you details of the offending certificate. 

As pj says, I think you need a malware scan.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply