you just signed in message...

This began about what, a month ago?

Can anyone tell me how to shut off the auto messages
from ebay that tells me I just logged in?

I cannot find the settings option to shut this off.

Being told I just logged in is like being told I am awake.

I get these each time I log in.
What is the point?

ibox.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I do not think there is a way to shut off those messages.

You can minimize those messages by limiting the number of times you sign out and sign back in, and by not clearing your eBay cookies, changing your IP address or using a different browser.

The point of the messages is to notify you when there is an unfamiliar sign-in to your account from a different location so that you can recognize if your account has been accessed in an unauthorized manner.

Unfortunately, if eBay does not find a way to limit the number of ambiguous messages for routine sign-ins, users may decide to ignore them altogether and then miss an indication of an actual security problem.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I don't remember ever receiving a message telling me that I signed in.  When you open the message is there any sort of link to shut off the notifications?  Did you recently sign up for 2 step authorization.  I'm not sure exactly what that entails so I'm just grasping here.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Have you recently started using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), made other changes to your internet security system, or started using a different device for your eBaying?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I live in B.C. & Telus recently made changes to all our e-mail addresses. So everytime I sign in now to eBay, I keep getting those New sign-in activity on your eBay account.  Don't know how to fix that yet.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Ironically I received that same message last night for the first time.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply