April 18th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Apologies for the late open, running against the clock today.

Leave your questions below and I'll get you an answer. See you tomorrow!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I have been trying for days to order with my Shipping Supplies coupon but it keeps telling me they don't ship to my country. There are not a lot of choices but there is finally something I can use and it won't let me. Please help

253430340519 - 

eBay Branded Shipping Supplies Super Pack

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

That reminds me: why does it still say this item ships from Kentucky when mine came directly from somewhere in Ontario? This was what I bought too.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I have a question with regards to best offer email notifications.

What is the reason for excluding the potential buyer's username from email notification when they submit a best offer?

For years the username used to be provided and I found it to be quite useful for searching that person's offer history with me - especially since it was the only way that I knew how to do that.

Now all I receive is an email with a bunch of useless information in it which serves very little purpose to me.

Can you shed some light as to why the potential buyer's name has been deemed irrelevant or not worthy enough to be included as important information in the email notification?

To be quite frank, I find the new style to be "dummed-down" and rather insulting:

- Buyer's feedback: 100%!

-We hope it's the lucky one!

-Your first offer!

-Great chances to sell!

(All under the heading as Helpful Information)

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Hi Tyler,  I sent you a PM last week regarding receiving shipping fee credits for 2 buyers who paid seperately for items instead of letting me combine shipping. I partially refunded both of them. Just wondering if you received my message or not. Thanks

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

Hi Tyler,  I sent you a PM last week regarding receiving shipping fee credits for 2 buyers who paid seperately for items instead of letting me combine shipping. I partially refunded both of them. Just wondering if you received my message or not. Thanks

This would be an issue that I had many times taken up directly with ebay Customer Service.

Also, I had to refund the second (or third or fourth etc) postage charges in full to receive credits for my Final Value Fees on shipping in order to be eligible for that refund on shipping FVFs. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

I have been trying for days to order with my Shipping Supplies coupon but it keeps telling me they don't ship to my country. There are not a lot of choices but there is finally something I can use and it won't let me. Please help

253430340519 - 

eBay Branded Shipping Supplies Super Pack

Hi @bunbar! Glad to hear that there's something that's useful for you. 😄

Looks like you're on the .com shipping supplies store, which doesn't ship to Canada.

Try this one instead, it shouldn't give you the same error.

Also thanks for this question, I haven't used my coupon yet and am super excited by the postcards - I've just been writing a thank you note on the packing slip, so I think I'm going to pick up a pack or two of them.

And stickers. Always stickers. Smiley Very Happy

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
That reminds me: why does it still say this item ships from Kentucky when mine came directly from somewhere in Ontario? This was what I bought too.

@momcqueen Hmm....it looks like it could be template format that was overlooked. I know we worked with them specifically to get a fulfillment center in Canada. Good catch, I'll light the beacons and see what comes of it. 😉

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Thank you, there was confusion about this on another thread a week or two ago. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Also, while you're still here, could you weight in on this, please?

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Why-a-refunded-undelivered-item-lost-in-mail-be-consider...

I'm feel that I'm not being heard in terms of the explanation I've tried to provide of the policy although I may have done it poorly. Thanks. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Hi 'tyler'  -- 

I hope the seller who posted this issue won't think me presumptuous for bringing it up on his behalf, but I think it's an issue that would be of real concern to all of us.  That is, eBay counting a refunded non-delivery as also being a late delivery.  It seems to me unfair to record one infraction twice under different categories.  It doesn't seem the OP is denying the fact of the non-delivery, but arguing -- and rightly so -- that he shouldn't also be responsible for a late delivery in the usual sense of the item arriving past eBay's timeline if he has refunded the buyer for an item that was lost. 

I'm sure all of us would appreciate eBay's explanation of this, and that the OP in particular would appreciate your intervention if it's possible to have the "late delivery" mark removed from his record.  I think any of us would feel this is unfair.  

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Why-a-refunded-undelivered-item-lost-in-mail-be-consider...

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@imbuzzy wrote:

I have a question with regards to best offer email notifications.

What is the reason for excluding the potential buyer's username from email notification when they submit a best offer?

For years the username used to be provided and I found it to be quite useful for searching that person's offer history with me - especially since it was the only way that I knew how to do that.

Now all I receive is an email with a bunch of useless information in it which serves very little purpose to me.

Can you shed some light as to why the potential buyer's name has been deemed irrelevant or not worthy enough to be included as important information in the email notification?

To be quite frank, I find the new style to be "dummed-down" and rather insulting:

- Buyer's feedback: 100%!

-We hope it's the lucky one!

-Your first offer!

-Great chances to sell!

(All under the heading as Helpful Information)

Hi @imbuzzy - I don't have a specific 'because' answer for you on that. I do know that there has been a focus on updating word choice and format to make things a bit more modern. The goal is to alert you that you have an offer to review, and the "Respond Now" should direct you to the offers page that displays the buyer's information for you for you to do more research. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - sorry I wasn't able to get to your message last week. I'll get to it today. 🙂

In general, @momcqueen is correct that it's typically a reason to contact Customer Service by phone or social media (and they usually respond faster than me). Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Hi 'tyler'  -- 

I hope the seller who posted this issue won't think me presumptuous for bringing it up on his behalf, but I think it's an issue that would be of real concern to all of us.  That is, eBay counting a refunded non-delivery as also being a late delivery.  It seems to me unfair to record one infraction twice under different categories.  It doesn't seem the OP is denying the fact of the non-delivery, but arguing -- and rightly so -- that he shouldn't also be responsible for a late delivery in the usual sense of the item arriving past eBay's timeline if he has refunded the buyer for an item that was lost. 

I'm sure all of us would appreciate eBay's explanation of this, and that the OP in particular would appreciate your intervention if it's possible to have the "late delivery" mark removed from his record.  I think any of us would feel this is unfair.  

Thanks for mentioning the thread @rose-dee and @momcqueen! I've responded there (as you know by now), just wanted to make sure I followed up here. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for stopping by this week - the chat is now closed. Join us next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply