April 4th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy -

Looking forward to chatting with you tomorrow - see you then!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Is it time to kill the Global Shipping Program Complaints and Conspiracy Theories Boards?

I'm getting a little tired of repeating the same facts to the same low information questions.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Oh my gosh, YES! Please. I came to beg this same request. That angry tide every day is soul-sucking. As soon as someone is irate about having to pay taxes they don’t think they should have to pay, you’re sunk. There’s no saving them from their own fiercely-held misunderstandings. And then they see 576 other angry cohorts and it bolsters them and their misbeliefs. I just got accused of impersonating an eBay staffer on one such GSP thread because I dare to speak as the voice of reason; I share facts in the face of fiction. Do I look like a Kalvin?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Oh my gosh, YES! Please. I came to beg this same request. That angry tide every day is soul-sucking. As soon as someone is irate about having to pay taxes they don’t think they should have to pay, you’re sunk. There’s no saving them from their own fiercely-held misunderstandings. And then they see 576 other angry cohorts and it bolsters them and their misbeliefs. I just got accused of impersonating an eBay staffer on one such GSP thread because I dare to speak as the voice of reason; I share facts in the face of fiction. Do I look like a Kalvin?

Those threads are definitely a hot topic. I floated the idea of their retirement last summer and I think it got lost in the shuffle. I'll touch base with Happy Pidgeon and see how we feel about letting those threads out to pasture. Maybe locking them down like we do with Zombies?

And you should let them know you're not Kalvin, you're Moe. 😉

Thanks for bringing it to my attention @femmefan1946 and @momcqueen!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week! I'll be on the boards for a bit today and Friday - see you around!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply