December 20th 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Opening the chat thread here for our chat.

I've received many private messages over the weekend and will be getting to them Wednesday and Thursday. Thanks for your patience while I work through them.

See you tomorrow!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Here is a witching question which I believe is very serious due to the discussion boards and it concerns shipping from overseas, especially China.

Many items are sent from Europe and China to Canada, and a lot are bought by newer buyers, especially from China.

They are constantly asking where my item is as it is way past due date.

One reason is Canada Customs is very back logged due to fentanyl coming in the mail from China.

2nd reason is European and Chinese registered mail is not trackable in Canada other than a delivery scan sometimes.

The wait time at customs is in excess of 40 days so many items don't arrive for 60+ days.. This is first hand information from Canada Post and from personal experience with a registered letter from Europe being delivered in 62 days.

This is very bad for the buyers and due to bad experiences, they will not be back to buy more.

When will Ebay stop allowing the Chinese to sell their garbage and disappoint buyers in Canada?

If Ebay won't do this, they should put a warning on all sales from China or Europe could take 60+ days to arrive before they buy or pay to make them fully aware as their estimate times are a total joke.

Ebay is supposedly so concerned about buyers and constantly punishes sellers in North America for late delivery even though items are shipped on time, yet the Chiness in particular get away with whatever they want and nothing happens to those sellers.

Please tell me how Ebay is prepared to deal with this situation, and not I will pass it on to the appropriate team.

We want happy buyers and a level playing field unless you want the site to be dominated by the Chinese.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Good evening, Tyler. I'm in the process of changing and aligning my ebay store name (and eventually user ID) and want to know how long it takes for those changes to filter through all parts of ebay. I changed the name of my store on Sunday but the links all still display and lead to the old store name.

Thanks,

Maureen 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Change-to-Store-Name-How-Long-Does-it-Take-to-Register-W...

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 8.06.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 11.00.15 AM.png

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I am in 100% agreement with you.  Ebay gets new buyers and they are totally upset with how long it takes to get their items.

I too wish we didn't allow Chinese junk on ebay.  Usually it is knockoffs of the real thing.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Hi Tyler, I am one of the people who has PM you. I am still having problems with combined shipping even though I do offer it. Instead of people adding all their items to the cart & requesting a total for combined shipping most pay for each item seperately. I then have to refund them the difference. This has happened with 3 different buyers lately. But in the meantime I have been charged final shipping fees on all the purchases. eBay should be refunding me for all the overcharges. Thanks for any help.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Here is a witching question which I believe is very serious due to the discussion boards and it concerns shipping from overseas, especially China.

Many items are sent from Europe and China to Canada, and a lot are bought by newer buyers, especially from China.

One reason is Canada Customs is very back logged due to fentanyl coming in the mail from China.

2nd reason is European and Chinese registered mail is not trackable in Canada other than a delivery scan sometimes.

The wait time at customs is in excess of 40 days so many items don't arrive for 60+ days.. This is first hand information from Canada Post and from personal experience with a registered letter from Europe being delivered in 62 days.

This is very bad for the buyers and due to bad experiences, they will not be back to buy more.

When will Ebay stop allowing the Chinese to sell their garbage and disappoint buyers in Canada?

If Ebay won't do this, they should put a warning on all sales from China or Europe could take 60+ days to arrive before they buy or pay to make them fully aware as their estimate times are a total joke.

Ebay is supposedly so concerned about buyers and constantly punishes sellers in North America for late delivery even though items are shipped on time, yet the Chiness in particular get away with whatever they want and nothing happens to those sellers.

Please tell me how Ebay is prepared to deal with this situation, and not I will pass it on to the appropriate team.

We want happy buyers and a level playing field unless you want the site to be dominated by the Chinese.

Hi @dutchman48 - there is not currently a plan in place to prohibit members from different countries from selling on eBay Canada.

Sellers are held to performance standards, including late shipping, and a buyer is able to open an Item not Received request the day after the latest estimated delivery date. If escalated, cases are adjudicated using the same rules regardless of the seller's country of origin.

I appreciate your input on this, thanks for your time!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

Hi @dutchman48 - there is not currently a plan in place to prohibit members from different countries from selling on eBay Canada.

Sellers are held to performance standards, including late shipping, and a buyer is able to open an Item not Received request the day after the latest estimated delivery date. If escalated, cases are adjudicated using the same rules regardless of the seller's country of origin.

I appreciate your input on this, thanks for your time!

Then Ebay needs to put a warning up as it is absurd for buyers to wait 60 days for their items, have to file INR and be PO'd and never come back.,

We are losing out as don't have a lot of buyers as it is.

If Ebay continues to cater to the Chinese with their frauds and lose buyers as a result, there is something very wrong with top management.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@mjwl2006momcqueen wrote:

Good evening, Tyler. I'm in the process of changing and aligning my ebay store name (and eventually user ID) and want to know how long it takes for those changes to filter through all parts of ebay. I changed the name of my store on Sunday but the links all still display and lead to the old store name.

Thanks,

Maureen 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Change-to-Store-Name-How-Long-Does-it-Take-to-Register-W...

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 8.06.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 11.00.15 AM.png

Hi @momcqueen - a rebrand sounds exciting!  A username change should take effect immediately, as well as your store name on the store home page.

When it comes to your 'Seller Info' box and store URL though, there are a few more steps to go through. There's a good how-to located here for the URL. The seller info box should update after you process the URL change (though sometimes it's picky). Feel free to send me a private message if it gives you grief. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@tyler@ebay

Oh and one other thing, if Ebay management wants to support and cater to a country sending Fentanyl to Canada by mail which causes a lot of deaths in Canada,  I really think they should all be replaced by management that has a conscience

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@dustmite007 wrote:

Hi Tyler, I am one of the people who has PM you. I am still having problems with combined shipping even though I do offer it. Instead of people adding all their items to the cart & requesting a total for combined shipping most pay for each item seperately. I then have to refund them the difference. This has happened with 3 different buyers lately. But in the meantime I have been charged final shipping fees on all the purchases. eBay should be refunding me for all the overcharges. Thanks for any help.

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - I'll make sure to review and reply to your message today or tomorrow! Currently there is no automation of partial credits when a partial refund is issued. You can definitely contact CS directly to request a credit for those overage refunds too. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining today - the chat is now closed. See you next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply