December 27th 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy everyone -

Welcome to the last weekly chat of 2017 - I hope you've all had a happy holiday, and I'll talk with you tomorrow!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

amcdc79
Community Member

Hello tyler, I hope you also had a great Holiday with some time off to get together with family and friends. I would like to thank you for trying to report the counterfeit listing I have shown you these past few weeks. Now you know how it feels when ebay does nothing after you or we report an illegal listing.

Silly me for thinking that an ebay representative would have better luck reporting a counterfeit listing. Please forgive me for wasting your time, I guess it's back to reporting through the gaming companies, as that seems to work, for a little while anyway.

All the best to you and your fellow ebay employees, wishing you folks much success this coming year, in answering the many questions raised on this weekly session.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Merry Christmas 

Hi Tyler 

There is a such a mess in the new markdown manager and even i had been calling eBay  for over a month .I never heard a normal explanation or saw any help.With all the money that we pay we should get some kind of service and not  to be treated like thieves .Please take a note of the customer service incompetence and arrogance .

I have been noticing a lot of non Canadian sellers and item not in Canada to be in the Canadian site of eBay even somehow they got in Canada eBay deals .

Few months ago there were announcement that eBay will stop to advertise  sellers outside of eBay under our listings.What happened with that? ah I guess eBay gets their money one way or other .

My promotions stops by themselves somehow on free shipping i saw added shipping any explanation for it .Im tired of redo my listing everyday 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Two weeks ago, I asked if it was possible to bring back the "See item details" link in the feedback page. You asked me where this link was. When you click on "leave feedback", it brings you to a page to, well, leave feedback. On that particular page, there was 2 links when you hovered over the item description: "View item details" and "View order details". The first link is not there anymore (although you can still access the second one by clicking on "Transaction summary"). The link to view the items details was the most important of the 2, and it's not there anymore.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thank you, Tyler. Happy Holidays to you as well. I have no new questions for you this week, as I am still working on incorporating your answers to the last two questions that i had, thank you very much for that. Happy New Year! - Maureen 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I just tried out the Mobile-Friendly Checker on one of my listings for the first time. Said there was a problem.

Viewport meta tag incorrect or missing

This tag should be included in the header for the font size in your item description to be legible on a mobile device.

Was wondering if there is any way to bulk change my listings? Would hate to do each one seperately as I have over 1000 items listed.

Also noticed that when I had the mobile cheker fix the problem & later checked my listing it had reverted back to the same issue. Thanks

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@amcdc79 wrote:

Hello tyler, I hope you also had a great Holiday with some time off to get together with family and friends. I would like to thank you for trying to report the counterfeit listing I have shown you these past few weeks. Now you know how it feels when ebay does nothing after you or we report an illegal listing.

Silly me for thinking that an ebay representative would have better luck reporting a counterfeit listing. Please forgive me for wasting your time, I guess it's back to reporting through the gaming companies, as that seems to work, for a little while anyway.

All the best to you and your fellow ebay employees, wishing you folks much success this coming year, in answering the many questions raised on this weekly session.

Hi @amcdc79 - it was a nice holiday to be sure, thanks for the well wishes! I'm sorry to hear that the listing we reported is still up or has been relisted. I'll submit it for review once again.

Contacting the companies involved is also a good option. Our Verified Rights Owner program will allow them to document and send us any listings they feel are in violation of their Intellectual Property and we will take appropriate action.

Happy New Year!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@fashionoutletdeal wrote:

Merry Christmas 

Hi Tyler 

There is a such a mess in the new markdown manager and even i had been calling eBay  for over a month .I never heard a normal explanation or saw any help.With all the money that we pay we should get some kind of service and not  to be treated like thieves .Please take a note of the customer service incompetence and arrogance .

I have been noticing a lot of non Canadian sellers and item not in Canada to be in the Canadian site of eBay even somehow they got in Canada eBay deals .

Few months ago there were announcement that eBay will stop to advertise  sellers outside of eBay under our listings.What happened with that? ah I guess eBay gets their money one way or other .

My promotions stops by themselves somehow on free shipping i saw added shipping any explanation for it .Im tired of redo my listing everyday 

Thanks for sharing your frustrations here @fashionoutletdeal - I'm not quite sure what you're encountering when it comes to Markdown Manager. You should always be treated with respect, even if there are technical issues or difficulties with tools. Happy to have calls reviewed if you'll send me a private message with more details of when you called. From your comment I cannot tell what issue you're encountering with Markdown Manager, so I'm not able to provide much in the way of assistance here. Feel free to get me more detail and I'll see what I can find out.

Just as you are free to list on any eBay site, so are other members worldwide. If they ship to Canada, they will be included in search results. You can refine any searches to include item locations within Canada, as well as within a certain distance of the post code of your choosing. When it comes to Daily Deals, I'd love to take a look at any examples you can provide, as Daily Deal items should be located within Canada. If you'll send me a private message with an item number or two I'd appreciate it.

Third party ad-removal was announced earlier this year, for the eBay.com site. While limited third-party advertisements will continue to be displayed, as of May 1st the prominent ads were removed to make more room for Promoted Listings from other eBay members.

Apologies, but I don't understand what you mean when you say that your promotions are changing to free shipping. Is this instead of what they usually were? If you'd be willing to let me know more about you're experiencing that would be helpful. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

Two weeks ago, I asked if it was possible to bring back the "See item details" link in the feedback page. You asked me where this link was. When you click on "leave feedback", it brings you to a page to, well, leave feedback. On that particular page, there was 2 links when you hovered over the item description: "View item details" and "View order details". The first link is not there anymore (although you can still access the second one by clicking on "Transaction summary"). The link to view the items details was the most important of the 2, and it's not there anymore.

Thanks for this @lady.stark - I'll take a look. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@dustmite007 wrote:

I just tried out the Mobile-Friendly Checker on one of my listings for the first time. Said there was a problem.

Viewport meta tag incorrect or missing

This tag should be included in the header for the font size in your item description to be legible on a mobile device.

Was wondering if there is any way to bulk change my listings? Would hate to do each one seperately as I have over 1000 items listed.

Also noticed that when I had the mobile cheker fix the problem & later checked my listing it had reverted back to the same issue. Thanks

Howdy @2nd-time-around-jewelry - I think it depends on the exact nature of the meta-tag itself. If it's something that's consistent across your listings, you should be able to use 'Find and Replace' in a bulk edit to locate the line of code, and replace it with nothing, which would remove them.

To be frank, I don't have a lot of experience with the mobile-friendly checker (most of what I know comes from Help Pages and this video). If you run into anything odd keep me posted!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for your questions - the chat is now closed.

Have a happy New Year, be safe, and I'll see you in 2018!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply