February 14th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy everyone - 

Sorry to open this so late. Here's the thread for tomorrow's chat. 

See you then!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Good evening, Tyler.

Calculated Shipping and its failure to function in terms of showing postage costs and postal options on Item Listing pages for buyers in destinations outside Canada is my top concern this week. In fact, the longer this is allowed by eBay to persist as an error, the less I believe it’s an error and the more that I suspect we, as calculated Shipping users on eBay.ca, are being used as live guinea pig beta testing for some new ‘improvement’ to come. (Like maybe the shift from item-based searches to product-based searches.) What assurances can you offer that I’m incorrect in this suspicion?

Given that Add to Cart is the only viable way for buyers to see the missing postage costs associated with a seller’s actual isolated item, is eBay prepared to offer free Fixed Price upgrades to sellers who rely on Auctions as the base of their business model? My outside-Canada sales have not noticeably suffered since this ‘glitch’ began but I rely on Fixed Price listings. Not every seller does.

I should think there needs to be some action taken by eBay on this. Some Canadian sellers are really suffering from this problem through no fault of their own.

If this were my company, and I had accidentally wrecked something that was taking way too long to fix, I’d be offering Auction-based sellers free Fixed Price upgrades, and adding a slice of text to the page to indicate buyers should Add to Cart to see postage costs and options. Until this problem is fixed. If it is fixed and not just rolled into some ‘experience’ of the future.

Thank you,
Maureen
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

The other issue that is being ignored but affects a large quantity of sellers is the Shipping Calculator not working for potential customers looking to buy more than one of a specific item. I pointed this issue out to Ebay in November of last year and it seems to have gotten worse.  For me this is approximately 1/4 of my items. It appears now it's impossible to even get a calculation for Canada which was available before. I very rarely have a customer buy 2 different items but often have customers interested in several of the same item.  These issues are affecting sellers in a multitude of ways.

-CM

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I tagged you in this topic to check out potential issues with buyer name and address differing from eBay and PayPal and Shippo.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Shippo-Central/Name-and-Address-differences/m-p/393831

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The shipping calculator is not working for fixed price (BIN) listings for USA destinations either. It seems to be working for Canada and all other countries.

That's how it is on my listings, and it's been that way for awhile. It started out with an error message that said shipping could not be calculated, but if you looked further it actually was being calculated. Then the error message went away, but so did the shipping calculation results for USA destinations.  There is nothing there at all now for USA

Maybe it is different for everyone - that seems to happen a lot, but that's how it is here, and I would agree it needs TOP PRIORITY to get it fixed NOW

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

And then I woke to this.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business/Creating-a-Modern-Retail-Marketplace-Together-in-201...

I can’t even begin to express my frustration right now. Augmented reality? Let’s be serious for a moment. We don’t even currently have Calculated Shipping that functions: and that’s as basic reality as it gets.

eBay is making a pile of promises that it cannot keep for things that no sellers want.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

How blunt can I be?

We
Need
Buyers
To be
Able to
See the
Cost of Postage
And
Checkout to
Pay for it.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

The Calculated shipping bug is a huge concern for me. I have auctions I want to list, that I must hold until this is fixed, this needs to be fixed soon, April or May is unacceptable from a store front perspective. It would be good for ebay to advise its sellers of this issue, what it is, and when it will be fixed, so we can plan our listings and strategies accordingly. At present we don't even know what caused the issue or what is affected.

Very Frustrating considering the fees we all pay.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Economy shipping international has gotten to be so expensive, I have been looking at alternatives.  I am starting to use DHL and from what I understand all mail gets sent to Frankfurt Germany their headquarters first and then redirected to wherever it is supposed to go.   With Europe the estimated dates under economy are OK about 3 weeks.   Now the problem with that is the any mail for Australia and Asia goes to Germany first so you can add on another week or two and economy dates don't reflect that in fact it shows it takes longer to get to Austria than Australia.  Another seller had told me to use the international ground to give the extra days.  

Austria - 13 to 25 business day

Australia - 14 to 23 business days.

Norway - 14 to 38 business days. 

Austria cdn.jpgaustraliatime.jpgnorway.jpg

I would like the Australia to be changed to 14 to 38 business days.  

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

The other issue that is being ignored but affects a large quantity of sellers is the Shipping Calculator not working for potential customers looking to buy more than one of a specific item. I pointed this issue out to Ebay in November of last year and it seems to have gotten worse.  For me this is approximately 1/4 of my items. It appears now it's impossible to even get a calculation for Canada which was available before. I very rarely have a customer buy 2 different items but often have customers interested in several of the same item.  These issues are affecting sellers in a multitude of ways.

-CM

Thanks for this @lotzofuniquegoodies - I want to take a look at this to see that it's been reported properly. Would you mind sending me a private message with a few item number examples?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

I tagged you in this topic to check out potential issues with buyer name and address differing from eBay and PayPal and Shippo.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Shippo-Central/Name-and-Address-differences/m-p/393831

Thanks for the tag @pocomocomputing - I'll make sure to take a look and get a reply out today.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Economy shipping international has gotten to be so expensive, I have been looking at alternatives.  I am starting to use DHL and from what I understand all mail gets sent to Frankfurt Germany their headquarters first and then redirected to wherever it is supposed to go.   With Europe the estimated dates under economy are OK about 3 weeks.   Now the problem with that is the any mail for Australia and Asia goes to Germany first so you can add on another week or two and economy dates don't reflect that in fact it shows it takes longer to get to Austria than Australia.  Another seller had told me to use the international ground to give the extra days.  

Austria - 13 to 25 business day

Australia - 14 to 23 business days.

Norway - 14 to 38 business days. 

Austria cdn.jpgaustraliatime.jpgnorway.jpg

I would like the Australia to be changed to 14 to 38 business days.  

Hi @musicyouneed - thanks for getting me this information. The catch-all service of 'Economy Int'l Shipping' doesn't take a specific service in mind when giving the average time for delivery. I realize that DHL isn't a courier you can select at this time, so this average may not be entirely accurate for the service you have in mind. I can't make promises about a change, but if you'll get me the DHL services you're using in a private message I'm happy to get it sent on!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week - the chat is closed.

I will update the thread as I get more information and clarification!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 13
latest reply