February 21st 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy -

Opening the chat. Thanks for the tags and messages last week and over the weekend, I'll make sure to respond this week.

See you tomorrow!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Calculated shipping still not working Small Packet Air USA is what I use. I can't speak for others, but that service is still not working for me. Last time I checked there were NO shipping options at all showing, but that seems to change, from nothing at all, to only giving Canadian shipping calculations to giving USA calculations with the Error message that it can't calculate shipping.

I have some listings where I only ship to Canada and USA Small Packet Air. Those listings work fine. Any that I have with Canada, USA Small Packet Air and International Small Packet Air do not work.

Please when will this be fixed?

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Good evening, Tyler. Two matters I'd like to ask you to comment on this week:

1. Canadian sellers who rely on Calculated Shipping are growing ever more frustrated with the tool being broken. Can you give us some additional insight into when it will be fixed? It's a serious problem, for some more than others. 

2. I am genuinely fearful about ebay's shift to Product-based search results. Everything I've read about this leads me to believe that due to bottom-line pricing with which I cannot compete as a Canadian seller, my listings won't ever see the light of day as part of this method of showing wares to buyers for their consideration. Already, I am seeing Grouped listings results being offered on ebay.com. I don't trust it.

Coincidentally, my sales performance has tanked this week. I worry it's due to new search displays but others in my place would suggest it's due to the Calculated Shipping tool being broken for all international destinations. 

What assurances can ebay offer that its many thousands of decent Canadian sellers actually matter to someone in San Jose? 

Thanks,

Maureen 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

just wondering ir anyone is looking into the price difference with the ebay supply store, as seller's we get quarterly coupons to buy outrageously over priced items from..

While i appreciate the coupons, the exact items in the .com store are 1/3 of the price.. given the difference in the dollar, we are still being over charged terribly .. and a lot of us buy stuff we don't need, just to use the coupon..  can ebay not give us a credit to use towards purchasing supplies that we can actually use to benefit our self's, as opposed to benefiting them selves.  thanks

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Hi Tyler, I also sent you a private message last week regarding this.  

I list CD's on both .ca and .com and I am in Canada.  I have a 3 day handling and I am shipping from Vancouver.  I use Canada Post oversized letter mail to ship within Canada.   Oversized letter mail is transported across the country by truck so it is very possible for a CD to take 10 working days to make it from Vancouver to Ontario, Quebec or Nova Scotia.  

On both .ca and .com I use economy shipping as the method on the listing.  With listings on .ca it shows that delivery estimated  4 to 18 business days which is perfect. However choosing economy shipping on .com, it shows varies shipped from an international location.  

.ca

economy canada.jpg

.com

economy us.jpg

Now last week I had a Canadian buyer on .com ask me where his CD was.  He purchased it on Feb 7/18 and I shipped it on Feb 8/18 to Ontario from Vancouver.  He stated that ebay shows that he is to receive his CD by Feb 14/18.  I asked him to send me a screen shot as I didn't have that date.  I also said that it could take up to 10 working days to reach him.  He told me I have to obey the policy to get him the CD by Feb 14/18 and that on Feb 15/18, he was going to file and INR.  I didn't understand what was going on so I went to seller discussions.  

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/OMG-a-buyer-is-asking-about-where-his-CD-is-and-it-has-o...

What I found out from PJ was that if there is no date of delivery, then ebay states that the delivery is 7 days from the date of purchase if within the same country.  Feb 7/18 to Feb 14/18, no allowance for handling time etc.   We need that changed, why show economy at all if they are only allowing 7 days, that to me calls for a better service than they are actually paying for.

Please help us.  I went and changed temporarily all my .com listings to show USPS priority international mail as that was the only one that gave me enough time.

Here is what it says:  It came from here:  

https://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

LATEST.jpg

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Yes, the issue that musicyouneed puts sellers at a serious disadvantage, and it is one that needs to be fixed. It's, for lack of a better word, dumb that a buyer can open an Item Not Received case in seven calendar days if the Estimated Date of Delivery is given as unknown. Seven calendar days doesn't take into account any actual required delivery time within Canada OR count the seller's actual handling time. It's just lazy programming. It should be 14 calendars days at least before an INR can be opened. Or an actual date of delivery should be given and that day used as the threshold for INR action. 

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Hello tyler, this just started a couple of weeks ago and its very annoying: on my store ID I have been receiving emails each evening from eBay telling me I can relist any unsold items. I get one email for each item that has ended and I list a lot of 30 day items each day. I can’t find anywhere in my preferences to turn off these unwanted emails. After all these years selling on eBay I know I can relist but I don’t usually want to relist the same items for at least another month or more. How do I stop these emails?

Oh, and they arrive late at night, after 11:00 pm, usually as I am falling asleep and wake me up. I haven’t read of anyone else getting these emails either on .ca or .com boards.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Hi Tyler, I am still having trouble with combining shipping & having buyers use the Shopping Cart. I have everything set up like I was told to make this possible but it never seems to work. A buyer from the US recently tried to put their items in the Shopping Cart but was not given the option to Request Total from seller. So I had to go into my listing & put free shipping on one item. Other times I have multiple purchases from one buyer & they pay shipping on each item seperately & then I have to refund them the difference. There has to be a better way.  I believe I am losing sales because of this constant hassle. Why can't eBay correct this & make it easy to combine shipping.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Maybe one of the upcoming webinar topics offered by ebay could be setting Combined Shipping Rules. It's an area that many sellers have trouble navigating. I'm participating in two of the webinars offered this week, if there's a feedback portion at the end, I will suggest it. 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Hi Tyler 

The issue its going on with markdown manager and the email that i received from tech support its stating thats happen because i use markdown manager .Is there another way to create a sale or im just tooooooooo blond .
Calculate shipping doesnt work properly charge the customers less than what i need to pay in the end .If eBay decided to give a discount to the customer they should compensate us.

I never get this $30 back for promoting items when i should .Talking with customer service of course its usseless

Why the watchers  doesnt show on the listing when i have watchers over 65  on some items .

When the adds will be removed under our listing 

I will appreciated detailed answer on all my questions .

And something else With this auto approved return request whats the time frame for the customer to return the item .

Thank you in advance to take a time and the effort  to answer me 

Ah i forgot why we search for items at eBay.ca why showing me China Honkkong etc .I do not need to do detail search on .ca because its about eBay.ca which means im looking for Canadian sellers 

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Hello, tyler@ebay

The issues with the Shipping Calculator for  Small Packet USA air and International Small Packet air persist. No updates from you, eBay or phone support.

Whats going on? Is anyone working on this or is there a resolution in sight? The lack of updates is very annoying as a customer, I can only imagine how eBay would feel if we provided the same level of engagement as they are providing us?

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@flyhooks4lesswrote:

Hello, tyler@ebay

The issues with the Shipping Calculator for  Small Packet USA air and International Small Packet air persist. No updates from you, eBay or phone support.

Whats going on? Is anyone working on this or is there a resolution in sight? The lack of updates is very annoying as a customer, I can only imagine how eBay would feel if we provided the same level of engagement as they are providing us?

This doesn't look quite right, can you screenshot how you have your shipping set-up? 

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 10.40.20 AM.png

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Maybe it would be a good idea to have the seminar AFTER they fix the functionality.
Obviously you think it is a user problem.
Why would all of a sudden so many people who have not been having a problem or not changed anything be experiencing this issue with shipping.

I'm glad with all your workarounds that everything is working for you, but that's not the case for all of us, and personally I don't want to play with work arounds, and mess everything up for when things do get fixed.
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

I've attached a file, my settings have not changed, most of my listings are this way, and have been for more than a year!eb1.jpg

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@around_again_records wrote:

Calculated shipping still not working Small Packet Air USA is what I use. I can't speak for others, but that service is still not working for me. Last time I checked there were NO shipping options at all showing, but that seems to change, from nothing at all, to only giving Canadian shipping calculations to giving USA calculations with the Error message that it can't calculate shipping.

I have some listings where I only ship to Canada and USA Small Packet Air. Those listings work fine. Any that I have with Canada, USA Small Packet Air and International Small Packet Air do not work.

Please when will this be fixed?

Hi @around_again_records - I've been working closely with our product design and tech teams on the issue of no shipping showing on listings whatsoever. A fix is in the works, but I don't know exactly when it will be rolled out. I will keep this thread posted when I have more information.

Tagging @momcqueen & @flyhooks4less because they had similar questions.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

Good evening, Tyler. Two matters I'd like to ask you to comment on this week:

1. Canadian sellers who rely on Calculated Shipping are growing ever more frustrated with the tool being broken. Can you give us some additional insight into when it will be fixed? It's a serious problem, for some more than others. 

2. I am genuinely fearful about ebay's shift to Product-based search results. Everything I've read about this leads me to believe that due to bottom-line pricing with which I cannot compete as a Canadian seller, my listings won't ever see the light of day as part of this method of showing wares to buyers for their consideration. Already, I am seeing Grouped listings results being offered on ebay.com. I don't trust it.

Coincidentally, my sales performance has tanked this week. I worry it's due to new search displays but others in my place would suggest it's due to the Calculated Shipping tool being broken for all international destinations. 

What assurances can ebay offer that its many thousands of decent Canadian sellers actually matter to someone in San Jose? 

Thanks,

Maureen 

Hi Maureen -

I know the calculated shipping issue persists, and is impacting a lot of members. I tagged you in the latest update I have a bit earlier (you probably already got that notification).

When it comes to product based search, it's true that this is going to remain a way to shop on eBay. It isn't the only way to search, and may not be the best solution for a buyer's search: particularly in categories where condition and rarity are more significant than 'bottom dollar' pricing.

It's also worth remembering that this method of searching is designed to group items into buckets that buyers may prefer to quickly sort by (Pre-owned, auctions ending soon, condition, etc) rather than just lowest price. While you may not be able to offer the smallest price, your items will still be present and promoted in the best ways we can. Item specifics will be increasingly important to fully utilize to make sure that your listings appear in the relevant buckets within a product page.

You absolutely matter as a member, on eBay.com or on eBay.ca, and the products you bring to both marketplaces are the reason why both platforms continue to excel.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

just wondering ir anyone is looking into the price difference with the ebay supply store, as seller's we get quarterly coupons to buy outrageously over priced items from..

While i appreciate the coupons, the exact items in the .com store are 1/3 of the price.. given the difference in the dollar, we are still being over charged terribly .. and a lot of us buy stuff we don't need, just to use the coupon..  can ebay not give us a credit to use towards purchasing supplies that we can actually use to benefit our self's, as opposed to benefiting them selves.  thanks

Hi @esclyons - this is a matter that's near and dear to me. I've reported it several times before and have worked with many teams to make sure they're aware of the (rather startling) price difference between the two stores. I don't have much in the way of alternatives, but I will absolutely take it up again. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Thanks for the detailed breakdown @musicyouneed  - I always appreciate how thorough you are and help me get up to speed as quickly as possible.

In a situation where there is not an estimated delivery date available, and the transaction is considered domestic, we allow 7 calendar days from the date of payment before a buyer can open a Not Received request. You have 3 business days from when a request is opened to reply, and once escalated we would review for tracking. If there is tracking that shows movement we would place the request on hold for up to 10 days to allow the item to arrive and find it in your favor. If there is no tracking we would find in the buyer's favor.

I hear your feedback and will make sure it's shared. In the meantime, I think that switching the service to display a different estimated delivery date is good, as long as you are willing to ship with that method. Alternatively, adding tracking to items could also help prevent this scenario from happening in the future. I know neither are preferred with your business as it can often be more expensive than the CDs, but those are ways you can protect yourself immediately.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

Hello tyler, this just started a couple of weeks ago and its very annoying: on my store ID I have been receiving emails each evening from eBay telling me I can relist any unsold items. I get one email for each item that has ended and I list a lot of 30 day items each day. I can’t find anywhere in my preferences to turn off these unwanted emails. After all these years selling on eBay I know I can relist but I don’t usually want to relist the same items for at least another month or more. How do I stop these emails?

Oh, and they arrive late at night, after 11:00 pm, usually as I am falling asleep and wake me up. I haven’t read of anyone else getting these emails either on .ca or .com boards.

Hi @vintagenorth - that would be really annoying, especially since they're waking you up!

Are these separate from the 'Your item did not sell' emails? If they are not you should be able to manage them from your Communication Preferences (Account>Communication Preferences>Selling Activity>Item did not sell).

If you are still getting those emails and you've already set to not receive the 'did not sell' emails will you shoot me a private message and let me know?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

Hi Tyler, I am still having trouble with combining shipping & having buyers use the Shopping Cart. I have everything set up like I was told to make this possible but it never seems to work. A buyer from the US recently tried to put their items in the Shopping Cart but was not given the option to Request Total from seller. So I had to go into my listing & put free shipping on one item. Other times I have multiple purchases from one buyer & they pay shipping on each item seperately & then I have to refund them the difference. There has to be a better way.  I believe I am losing sales because of this constant hassle. Why can't eBay correct this & make it easy to combine shipping.

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry - combined shipping can be tricky, that's for sure!

When a buyer chooses to 'Buy it Now' instead of adding items to the cart we aren't able to apply your shipping rules since they've essentially bypassed them.

There are several situations in which 'Request Total from Seller' isn't available:

If you've already set up a combined shipping discount profile

If the items are currently on sale

If you do not accept combined payments

If you have stipulated 'Immediate Payment Required' on the listing form

If there is only one item in the cart

If the item/items already have free shipping

If none of these are the case and your buyer is still not seeing items' combine shipping please reach out to customer service so they can review your shipping rules in depth and help you get them working.

If a buyer purchases items individually and then requests that you combine shipping I think you're handling things really well by issuing a partial refund of the shipping overages. Please also contact Customer Service to request a partial refund of your Final Value Fees based on what you credited back.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 22
latest reply