January 17th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

I'm back and eager to meet with you. I know that many of you have sent me messages and tagged me in various threads, and I'll get to them this week.

See you tomorrow!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Tyler, good morning. 

I have a bunch of questions and/or comments to throw at you this week so I'll just dive in. 

First of all, the new ebay Community experience. I like it, it took a few days of getting used to it, and now that I have, it's all good. I appreciate the support of your fellow ebay counterpart @happy_pigeon in responding to questions and issues that we have raised while finding our ways around the new design.

Next: 

1. Ad fees for Promoted Listings: if a Promoted Listing sells but that transaction ends in an Unpaid Item Case or Cancellation at the Request of the Buyer, does the seller get back their promoted listing ad fee paid to sell it along with the FVF credit?

2. Speaking of Cancellations at the Request of the Buyer, I have ALWAYS felt that ten days is too long to have to wait after a buyer has ghosted on their own Cancel Request. It feels to me like it ruins the momentum of that product's success and getting it back on the market. 

3. Sellers are getting very mixed messages about Blocked Bidders and what to do after a previously-blocked bidder creates a new account to circumvent that block by the seller. Please see https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Blocked-Bidder-List-a-Farce/m-p/391536#M87394. I know that you know that I tagged you mid-debate but for the benefit of sellers (and buyers) here today, could you please clarify the policy and how it is supposed to be interpreted into action? 

4. Thank you for your follow-up response to my question about Guides. If Guides are not supported for ebay Canada, does that mean I can still as a ebay.ca seller create them on ebay.com or will they disappear like the ones on ebay.co.uk did? I think what is now published under my user ID on ebay.com is one of the first drafts of the first Guide I created before realizing that ebay.co.uk offered more layout choices (at that time) including adding photos which now seems to be an option with ebay.com Guides too. 

Thank you,

Maureen

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I asked about an issue here that I had the last time I tried to cash in my coupon for shipping supplies.

My coupon is for $70 but when I try to buy something it only shows up as a $62.04

You suggested using a different browser and that worked last time but this time it's not working even when I switch to a different browser.

Can you help?  The item I want is just over C$71.25 but I'm getting billed about C$9.21 extra for it when it should be C$1.25 extra.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi Maureen!

Glad to hear you're adjusting to the new experience! I've been working on getting used to it myself and have also been really impressed with @happy_pigeon's work on the feedback thread and how constructive it's been. Hope to see this type of conversation continue and see the platform get honed to one that is even more helpful.

Getting to your questions/concerns:

1. If an Unpaid Item Case is closed with non-payment, or a refund is issued through a return request for remorse all ad fees will be refunded.

2. I think that's a fair call out. We should only be asking you to wait for 10 days if we cannot verify that a refund had been issued (i.e. they paid with a non-PayPal payment method or they never actually paid at all). Either way, from the perspective of getting the item being back on the market we would consider your obligation to fulfill an order null once you've sent the cancellation, so I wouldn't wait the 10 days to relist/second chance the item.

3. I'll also respond on the thread directly, but from what I've reviewed of this so far @pjcdn2005 gave an accurate answer: if a buyer is using an alternate ID to circumvent a block with intent to disrupt or negatively impact your business it is not allowed. The advice that you and others gave the OP to consider shipping with tracking, making up the difference, or cancelling the transaction are good next steps.

4. You should be able to create Guides on .com without incident. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

I asked about an issue here that I had the last time I tried to cash in my coupon for shipping supplies.

My coupon is for $70 but when I try to buy something it only shows up as a $62.04

You suggested using a different browser and that worked last time but this time it's not working even when I switch to a different browser.

Can you help?  The item I want is just over C$71.25 but I'm getting billed about C$9.21 extra for it when it should be C$1.25 extra.

Sure! I'll take a look and see what I can figure out. Would you mind messaging me the items you're looking for and I'll get down to brass tacks. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week. I'll be out and about on the boards and in DMs over the next few days and will see you next week too!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply