January 3rd 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Happy New Year everyone!

Opening the chat for tomorrow, and letting everyone know now that I will be out of the office next Wednesday, so we will not have a chat that day. I'll post a reminder about it too, but wanted to give you a 'heads up' now. 🙂

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Happy New Year, Tyler!

Can you please review on this thread and offer comment on the user's assertion it was 'a third-party advertisement on ebay.ca that caused malware or a virus' to shut down his device? https://community.ebay.ca/t5/User-to-User-Help/Has-anyone-else-noticed-ebay-is-loading-very-slowly-f...

Thank you,

Maureen 

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Also: Guides. Awhile ago, I raised that the Guides I developed on ebay.co.uk had vanished. I found a draft of one I started on ebay.com under Advertising/Promoted Listings but I get the following when I try to fix it. Can you explain? Are Canadians not allowed to write Guides? I'm disappointed that the two of three nice guides I had created on ebay.co.uk (where there were better options for adding photos and elements of design) are now apparently gone; I spent a significant amount of time developing them. That being said, I would attempt to recreate them on ebay.ca if I could. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 8.23.32 PM.png

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Edit: I have now found them under My Guides on ebay.co.uk but they don't appear anywhere attributed to me. Is there an easy way to fox this? Can you confirm Guides are available to Canadian users? 

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 8.29.48 PM.png

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Happy New Year!

In November, I sold an item using the "Promoted listings" tool. It was billed on my C$ invoice, because I've been billed in C$ for over a year now, if not two.

As a Top Rated seller, I can have up to C $30 back on those fees.

http://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/faq/selling-faq.html#promoted-listings

But... the credit was done on my US $ invoice from Ebay. Being that way, it is useless to me....

Why was the debit in C$ and the credit in US$? It doesn't make any sense...

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@mjwl2006momcqueen wrote:

Edit: I have now found them under My Guides on ebay.co.uk but they don't appear anywhere attributed to me. Is there an easy way to fox this? Can you confirm Guides are available to Canadian users? 

Er, I said 'fox' but meant 'fix'. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Happy New Year 

Please can you update me on  :

Problems with markdown manager

Incompetent Customer service 

Seller Protection 

I will be more than glad to hear back from you 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Ah you are lucky .I am still waiting for my credit for store subscription (was billed twice in the August bill) .We receiving since then emails that they are looking after our problem lol

What a joke .Customer service its zero 

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Ah and i forgot what we will do with scammers buyer ?

When eBay will stop to support them ?

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I just checked my invoice for December they even did not give me this $30 back.Ah again need to spend hours on the phone .Wish me good luck 

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Happy New Year, Tyler!

Can you please review on this thread and offer comment on the user's assertion it was 'a third-party advertisement on ebay.ca that caused malware or a virus' to shut down his device? https://community.ebay.ca/t5/User-to-User-Help/Has-anyone-else-noticed-ebay-is-loading-very-slowly-f...

Thank you,

Maureen 

Thanks for calling this out - I'm not aware of anything that would do what the member says happened, but I'll happily get it reported to the team to see if we can get more information.

@silverpinups if you'd like to DM me a screenshot or two of what you encountered, or point me to threads where said screenshots are shared, I'll include them in the report. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Also: Guides. Awhile ago, I raised that the Guides I developed on ebay.co.uk had vanished. I found a draft of one I started on ebay.com under Advertising/Promoted Listings but I get the following when I try to fix it. Can you explain? Are Canadians not allowed to write Guides? I'm disappointed that the two of three nice guides I had created on ebay.co.uk (where there were better options for adding photos and elements of design) are now apparently gone; I spent a significant amount of time developing them. That being said, I would attempt to recreate them on ebay.ca if I could. Thanks.

Howdy Maureen!

I know that we're evaluating Guides overall to see what improvements or adjustments can be made to better serve authors and readers alike. I don't know why it would be 'disallowed' outright, and I'm not aware of a geographic limitation either. I'll do some digging and keep you posted!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 8.29.48 PM.png

I'm glad these came back! I don't have a reason why you wouldn't be credited as the author, but from our last round with this I have a contact who can hopefully get us answers more quickly. Thanks for bringing this up!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@fashionoutletdeal wrote:

Happy New Year 

Please can you update me on  :

Problems with markdown manager

Incompetent Customer service 

Seller Protection 

I will be more than glad to hear back from you 

Hi @fashionoutletdeal - it is difficult for me to help you with generalities. I mentioned last week that I needed a bit more detail when you describe the issues you've run into. You are still welcome to PM me with the information and I'll see what I can find out for you.

I see that you've sent me several different emails to my eBay inbox - please use the process to DM me from within Community as I get more visibility with those messages. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

Happy New Year!

In November, I sold an item using the "Promoted listings" tool. It was billed on my C$ invoice, because I've been billed in C$ for over a year now, if not two.

As a Top Rated seller, I can have up to C $30 back on those fees.

http://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/faq/selling-faq.html#promoted-listings

But... the credit was done on my US $ invoice from Ebay. Being that way, it is useless to me....

Why was the debit in C$ and the credit in US$? It doesn't make any sense...

Hi @lady.stark - I don't know why you'd see a difference in billing currencies, unless your store subscription was opened on .com instead of .ca. I'll see what I can find out and get back to you.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 20
latest reply

i will try to PM with all the issues that i have and see.Even i did not get any answer yet  that i already messaged you.Is there a possibility for phone calls?

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Ah and i forgot what we will do with scammers buyer ?

When eBay will stop to support them ?

Hi @fashionoutletdeal - if you ever have any concerns with a buyer's activity, make sure you report them to us. We're always on the lookout for concerning activity but your reports can help us!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

i will try to PM with all the issues that i have and see.Even i did not get any answer yet  that i already messaged you.Is there a possibility for phone calls?

My time with the Canadian Community is limited weekly. If you want to talk by phone the best thing for you to do is contact CS. Please send private messages via Community, and not via eBay Messages, as those notifications are not something that send to my queue.

I will work on getting responses to you this week. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week everyone. I will be working through follow ups and direct messages for the next few days, thanks for your patience.

Please also remember we will not be having a chat next week, but we will the week after. See you the 17th!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hi @momcqueen - just wanted to circle back with you on this that I heard back officially that Guides are not supported for eBay Canada, which is why you're getting the error. 

Also heard back on the author attribution, and that seems to be a display issue on the 'My Guides' section itself. Once I click onto the guide, I see your information listed as the author. If I've missed a step or am not looking at the right page feel free to shoot me a message or bring it up in chat next week. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 20
latest reply