July 11 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Opening the chat up for you. I'll be in tomorrow and start tracking down answers!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Hi Tyler.

Is there any news on when Promotions Manager will be coming to ebay Canada? I'm referring to the aspect of Promotions Manager that allows sellers to offer deals like Buy One Get One Free or coupons not merely Markdowns.  

Thanks,

Maureen 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Also, I think I've mentioned that I find it annoying that with the Seller Hub, I've no way to hide this not-helpful note from ebay...

eBay note: This listing hasn't had any sales in at least 16 months. Please consider updating it

Now it's appearing on items that may have been created more than 16 months ago but are multi-quality and have had sales within that time frame.

Here is only one example of it. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/332095110367 

The most recent sale was 

Offer Status Quantity Date of Offer  Location* Action     C $13.00 You accepted 2 03-Jan-18 19:10:52 EST

I'm not going to check all my listings to see which 'notes' are true and which are false.

Can we PLEASE get rid of this ebay note? It's misleading, false, and messes up my screen without adding valuable data to it. Even when it is correct and now it is not. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Would it be possible to update Sellers Hub to display a sellers sales in CANADIAN funds. Really not sure why it shows in US funds on a Canadian site and is meaningless when the exchange rate changes on a regular basis?

In follow up to that, can we have the split back of our total sales in the Sellers Dashboard to show SALES + SHIPPING and the TOTAL. Shipping should be separate. It is not considered profit and if it is, would only be a very small portion.

Lastly, for clarification, under Orders why is there a note added to all sales considering them International Sales even if it something I ship to a customer in Canada?

Thanks,

CM

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

on going problem continues with disappearing/no views showing, when viewing Active listings.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Hi Tyler, 

I was wondering if you could give us an update on where things stand with respect to the issue of what eBay is going to do with items that have no UPC/SKU, etc. (product identifier) as the new product-based experience continues to roll out.   That is, OOAK, vintage, antique types.  

There was an earlier indication that eBay was going to design some way for sellers of these sort of items to not be left in the dust once all items are required by eBay to have a product code, whether that was by eBay-designated, grouped codes or whatever else.   At the time this was mentioned, Raphael either didn't yet know, or wasn't yet able to tell us, exactly what that procedure or accommodation would be.   Can you tell us whether there are any details now?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Can you get whoever deals with the Shipping Supplies we get with stores to learn to deal with PO Boxes and Canada Post regulations.

When I used my last coupon, I again got we do not ship to PO Boxes which is the norm but stupid as not all people have street delivery. I then changed my address and used my street address (where I do not get mail as we have no street delivery).

All previous deliveries came by courier which was fine with me, they came to my house by courier.

The last order was addressed to my street address but was sent by Canada Post so it could have been mailed to my PO Box which is my mailing address.

I am 70 years old and have COPD. I can't carry large items from my post office home, especially when they should not have gone to my post office.

Canada Post states in their regulations, if you or they want to look it up, that mail needs to be addressed to your PO Box, not street address if you do not have house delivery. If it is, it can be returned to the sender as not addressed properly.

These supplies are ridiculously prices and I have yet to use any. I should also not be inconvenienced.

I really think they need to fix their shipping or be prepared for returned items to be resent.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Missing photos update s.v.p ?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

Also, I think I've mentioned that I find it annoying that with the Seller Hub, I've no way to hide this not-helpful note from ebay...

eBay note: This listing hasn't had any sales in at least 16 months. Please consider updating it

Now it's appearing on items that may have been created more than 16 months ago but are multi-quality and have had sales within that time frame.

Here is only one example of it. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/332095110367 

The most recent sale was 

Offer Status Quantity Date of Offer  Location* Action     C $13.00 You accepted 2 03-Jan-18 19:10:52 EST

I'm not going to check all my listings to see which 'notes' are true and which are false.

Can we PLEASE get rid of this ebay note? It's misleading, false, and messes up my screen without adding valuable data to it. Even when it is correct and now it is not. 

This is good feedback @momcqueen. I'm not sure of a way to stop the display of the note in Seller Hub (none of the customization options even mention a note filter).

I'll loop in the Seller Hub team to see if I can get a definitive answer on what options we have with that display.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

Hi Tyler.

Is there any news on when Promotions Manager will be coming to ebay Canada? I'm referring to the aspect of Promotions Manager that allows sellers to offer deals like Buy One Get One Free or coupons not merely Markdowns.  

Thanks,

Maureen 

Hi Maureen -

There isn't anything new that I'm getting when I ask about this. It sounds increasingly like there are technical limitations that prevent it from being brought over, and that a solution is an unlikely possibility.

Thanks,
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Would it be possible to update Sellers Hub to display a sellers sales in CANADIAN funds. Really not sure why it shows in US funds on a Canadian site and is meaningless when the exchange rate changes on a regular basis?

In follow up to that, can we have the split back of our total sales in the Sellers Dashboard to show SALES + SHIPPING and the TOTAL. Shipping should be separate. It is not considered profit and if it is, would only be a very small portion.

Lastly, for clarification, under Orders why is there a note added to all sales considering them International Sales even if it something I ship to a customer in Canada?

Thanks,

CM

All really good points @lotzofuniquegoodies - and I will get them forwarded to the Seller Hub team. I'd encourage you (if you haven't already) to also use the 'Comments?' link in the upper right hand corner to give the same suggestions (it helps give them a sense of urgency). 😉

With your last report, I've been through a few items and everything seems to be displaying the 'international' note as it is going internationally. Would you mind shooting me an item number example of one that is going domestic so I can take a look at the nuts and bolts of it to see what might be going on?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

on going problem continues with disappearing/no views showing, when viewing Active listings.

Hi @mrdutch1001 - we're aware of the views issue and it is still being worked on, though I'm told a fix is planned within the coming week. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Hi Tyler, 

I was wondering if you could give us an update on where things stand with respect to the issue of what eBay is going to do with items that have no UPC/SKU, etc. (product identifier) as the new product-based experience continues to roll out.   That is, OOAK, vintage, antique types.  

There was an earlier indication that eBay was going to design some way for sellers of these sort of items to not be left in the dust once all items are required by eBay to have a product code, whether that was by eBay-designated, grouped codes or whatever else.   At the time this was mentioned, Raphael either didn't yet know, or wasn't yet able to tell us, exactly what that procedure or accommodation would be.   Can you tell us whether there are any details now?

Hi @rose-dee - these are great questions. My understanding is that OOAK/Vintage/Antiques don't currently require any identifiers, and they should not be impacted in search if they don't have them.

As to the future, and what is being planned, I've requested some additional detail from an expert and hope to update you/the thread when I hear back.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Can you get whoever deals with the Shipping Supplies we get with stores to learn to deal with PO Boxes and Canada Post regulations.

When I used my last coupon, I again got we do not ship to PO Boxes which is the norm but stupid as not all people have street delivery. I then changed my address and used my street address (where I do not get mail as we have no street delivery).

All previous deliveries came by courier which was fine with me, they came to my house by courier.

The last order was addressed to my street address but was sent by Canada Post so it could have been mailed to my PO Box which is my mailing address.

I am 70 years old and have COPD. I can't carry large items from my post office home, especially when they should not have gone to my post office.

Canada Post states in their regulations, if you or they want to look it up, that mail needs to be addressed to your PO Box, not street address if you do not have house delivery. If it is, it can be returned to the sender as not addressed properly.

These supplies are ridiculously prices and I have yet to use any. I should also not be inconvenienced.

I really think they need to fix their shipping or be prepared for returned items to be resent.

Hi @dutchman48 - thanks for this report, it's unusual to me that PO Boxes would be excluded but then sent with CPC.

I'll get this to the right people.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@snoopwiz wrote:

Missing photos update s.v.p ?

Hi @snoopwiz - no update at this point in time. Thanks for keeping it on my radar!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week, the chat is now closed - see you on the boards!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 16
latest reply